https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/60622-been_on_holiday_no_cause_for_concern.html

Off topic: Been on holiday, no cause for concern
Thread poster: Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:21
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Nov 29, 2006

Just got back from a four-week holiday in New Zealand to find a message from David Knowles expressing his concern and that of other ProZ colleagues over my absence from the ProZ-KudoZ scene over this period. So I thought this would be the best way of reassuring everyone that I am OK and thanking them for their interest.
Arrived home about two hours ago after starting from Christchurch NZ at 10am yesterday - but yesterday was a 37-hour day due to the time difference between NZ & UK, so my
... See more
Just got back from a four-week holiday in New Zealand to find a message from David Knowles expressing his concern and that of other ProZ colleagues over my absence from the ProZ-KudoZ scene over this period. So I thought this would be the best way of reassuring everyone that I am OK and thanking them for their interest.
Arrived home about two hours ago after starting from Christchurch NZ at 10am yesterday - but yesterday was a 37-hour day due to the time difference between NZ & UK, so my immediate intention is to go to bed, but I must say the holiday was great - NZ is a fantastic place, marvellous scenery, friendly people - if I were younger I might think about emigrating there.
Anyway, that's all for now, must get some rest. Thank you all once again for your concern.
Collapse

NancyLynn
NancyLynn
Canada
Local time: 07:21
Member (2002)
French to English
+ ...

The ProZ.com community Nov 29, 2006

Great news, Jack! Glad to see you had a restful holiday. You're braver than I! I believe, unfortunately, that I shall never visit our cousins down under, Aussie or Kiwi, due to the daunting flight.

I believe this anecdote serves to prove that ProZ.com, though a virtual community, is a close-knit group. Isn't it wonderful?

Nancy

Armorel Young
Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:21
German to English
Welcome back Nov 29, 2006

Welcome back, Jack. What was four weeks of Proz deprivation like? Did you get withdrawal symptoms and feel like nipping into an internet cafe to check your e-mails, or were you too busy enjoying yourself? (I'm afraid I would have been looking out for internet cafes in every town I visited

Peter Shortall
Peter Shortall  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Romanian to English
+ ...
Good to hear Nov 29, 2006

I was beginning to wonder! Glad you had a good holiday.

Claudia Alvis
Claudia Alvis  Identity Verified
Peru
Local time: 06:21
Spanish
+ ...
Good to have you back Jack Nov 29, 2006

Welcome back!! It's sounds like you had a great time in New Zealand.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Been on holiday, no cause for concern

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »