Off topic: Internet cafe in Berlin
Thread poster: Orla Ryan

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 11:51
Feb 14, 2007

Hi guys,

I am going to Berlin tomorrow for a couple of days and I am staying near Alexanderplatz. Can anyone recommend a nearby internet cafe? I was hoping not to have to work whilst in Germany, but that is not an option now :/

Thanks,
Orla

Direct link Reply with quote

Steven Sidore  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:51
Member (2003)
German to English
There are a gazillion Feb 14, 2007

You can't spit without hitting an Internet cafe in Berlin, Orla, but I do happen to know that there is one right next to Alex. Facing the TV tower (with the train station to your back), it is to the right of the TV tower. (Or it was back when the Proz conference was in Berlin about 6 months ago).

If for some reason it's gone out, then look for the Dunkin' Donuts right in the same area, which also has an internet cafe.

Viel Spaß hier im milden Berlin!

Steve

Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Behind Ostbahnhof Feb 14, 2007

Last time I was there, I used the one just opposite of the back entry of Ostbahnhof, which also offers WLAN for notebooks.

xxxAdrian MM.
French to English
+ ...
Ali-Platz Feb 14, 2007

If you are staying at a hotel, then the chances are they will have Internet in the foyer. On Alex itself is Hotel Park-Inn, pre-1989 known as Hotel Stadt Berlin, popular with British troops on more than 24-hour leave across Checkpoint Charlie, unlike civvies crossing at Friedrichstraße.

Carolin Haase  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2006)
English to German
+ ...
Prenzlauer Berg Feb 16, 2007

- that's where I live and there are not only several internet cafés, but also some coffee shops (e. g. Wohnzimmer, Helmholtzplatz) where you can use WLAN, if you have your notebook with you. Quite cosy, actually!

Have fun!

Carolin

Orla Ryan  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 11:51
TOPIC STARTER
Sorted! Mar 7, 2007

Carolin Haase wrote:

- that's where I live and there are not only several internet cafés, but also some coffee shops (e. g. Wohnzimmer, Helmholtzplatz) where you can use WLAN, if you have your notebook with you. Quite cosy, actually!

Have fun!

Carolin

I stayed nearby on Schoenhaeuser Allee. It turned out that our self-catering accomodation had wireless anyway and my Vodafone wireless modem worked there too - Result! I really enjoyed Berlin and I will definitely go back there again.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Internet cafe in Berlin

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search