https://www.proz.com/forum/off_topic/7136-has_anyone_ever_tried_freesoftusa_site_offering_tips_on_getting_free_microsoft_products.html

Off topic: Has anyone ever tried freesoftusa (site offering tips on getting free Microsoft products)?
Thread poster: Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 14:03
English to German
+ ...
Dec 17, 2002

Hi,

I found the following link and browsed to their page. What they are offering is somewhat unbelievable.

Does anyone know if they are trustworthy or if the whole concept does work at all?

I can\'t imagine Microsoft gives something away for free... at least, not an expensive software like Windows or Office or so.
<
... See more
Hi,

I found the following link and browsed to their page. What they are offering is somewhat unbelievable.

Does anyone know if they are trustworthy or if the whole concept does work at all?

I can\'t imagine Microsoft gives something away for free... at least, not an expensive software like Windows or Office or so.

http://www.freesoftusa.com/

Any feedback appreciated.

Regards,

Sonja
Collapse

Arnaud HERVE
Arnaud HERVE  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
free? Dec 17, 2002

Maybe if we could obtain it for free we would have heard of it before...

PAS
PAS  Identity Verified
Polish to English
+ ...
well, Dec 17, 2002

there is a membership fee of $ 4.95/month ($ 9.90/3 months)

but still... as the wise man said - if it\'s too good to be true, it probably isn\'t...

Ursula Peter-Czichi
Ursula Peter-Czichi  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:03
German to English
+ ...
Beta versions? Dec 17, 2002

I have just sent an email to their customer support to ask whether they are talking about beta versions (software in progress). These program versions have always been available without membership fees. Just go to the MS website. They even tell you how well the versions work and what the potential hitches may be (chat room). It is probably MS\'s cost-effective software testing program.

I wonder about that membership program. When MS gives something away, they sure will be recognized fo
... See more
I have just sent an email to their customer support to ask whether they are talking about beta versions (software in progress). These program versions have always been available without membership fees. Just go to the MS website. They even tell you how well the versions work and what the potential hitches may be (chat room). It is probably MS\'s cost-effective software testing program.

I wonder about that membership program. When MS gives something away, they sure will be recognized for it.
Collapse

Sonja Tomaskovic (X)
Sonja Tomaskovic (X)  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Curious about their answer Dec 18, 2002

Quote:

I have just sent an email to their customer support to ask whether they are talking about beta versions (software in progress).

Hi Ursula,

I am curious about their answer. It would be nice if you could post their answer into this forum, provided that they DO answer, of course.

Quote:

These program ve... See more
Quote:

I have just sent an email to their customer support to ask whether they are talking about beta versions (software in progress).

Hi Ursula,

I am curious about their answer. It would be nice if you could post their answer into this forum, provided that they DO answer, of course.

Quote:

These program versions have always been available without membership fees. Just go to the MS website. They even tell you how well the versions work and what the potential hitches may be (chat room). It is probably MS\'s cost-effective software testing program.

Well, I think Microsoft does so with newly invented software, software that has not been released previously or is free anyway (like maybe Messenger, or MediaPlayer or so).

I don\'t think Microsoft would put their latest Windows XP+++ Ultra version as beta on the net to ask the people what they think of it. They probably have staff that tests software in-house before it is being published (at least, I believe they do).

That\'s why I can\'t imagine they really offer something to us at freesoftusa.

Maybe this \"get Microsoft software for free\" thing is only marketing, and they actually want to sell their music and video download links.

We\'ll probably never know for sure.

Regards,

Sonja Collapse

Arthur Borges
Arthur Borges
China
Local time: 20:03
English
+ ...
Freesoft is not Micrsoft. Dec 26, 2002

Freesoft is selling subscriptions to Freesoft, a money-making company registered under that name.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Has anyone ever tried freesoftusa (site offering tips on getting free Microsoft products)?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »