Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Off topic: What would it be your IDEAL perfect life?
Thread poster: Francesca Battaglia

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 05:49
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
May 26, 2007

I mean, do you ever dream about your ideal life? Or do you have dreams for the future??
I often dream to open a B&B in Canada..It would be a beautiful and cozy white wooden house, two story, not too far from the city but still in a very quiet place, litterally drowned into the green..
It would have 4-5 rooms for guests, a white little gate, maybe it would be by a pond or a small river..a beautiful view..

yeah, ideal dream fro an ideal life..

Fra

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxIreneN
United States
Local time: 22:49
English to Russian
+ ...
Yeah, a comfy retirement... May 26, 2007

1. Pet hotel/shelter - one for money, the other - for less fortunate animals.
2. A small but very expensive:-) European-flavored spa/massage/possibly jim, not with a chlorine-filled jacuzzi but with Karlsbad type bath treatments, and attached health bar w/wi-fi, unique organic tea and coffee blends and popular herb/healthy drinks, maybe oxygen. No messy foods!

[Edited at 2007-05-26 19:02]

carla melis
English to Italian
oh well... May 26, 2007

I used to own and run a small cafè in Canada...beautiful white wooden house, two storey, in a small city, by a huge park and a big lake...and maybe it would have been my ideal life if it hadn't been for the less than ideal marriage...
Sorry...didn't want to spoil your dream, but your description brought back a lot of memories (both good and bad).
Canada is amazingly beautiful, and people are kind and friendly.
Right now my ideal life, at least for a couple of months, would be on a desert island with tons of books.
Ciao

Tati Clau

English to Spanish
+ ...
Yucatán May 26, 2007

I only want to live 5 months per year in Yucatán. Warm water, blue sea, nice people. What else?

xxxLia Fail  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
ideal May 26, 2007

francesca battaglia wrote:

I mean, do you ever dream about your ideal life? Or do you have dreams for the future??
I often dream to open a B&B in Canada..It would be a beautiful and cozy white wooden house, two story, not too far from the city but still in a very quiet place, litterally drowned into the green..
It would have 4-5 rooms for guests, a white little gate, maybe it would be by a pond or a small river..a beautiful view..

yeah, ideal dream fro an ideal life..

Fra

As a pragmatist, I'm quite content as things stand, and I'm not looking for an ideal life, but I would possibly like to live in an old cottage in/near a small village, with space out the back or nearby for a horse, my dog and cats, earn enough from translation to be able to dedicate some time to (poorly paid) literary translation - which I would only do if given adequate time (i.e. it's not a money issue). I hope to continue healthy and be able to play tennis, cycle, go for walks and on treks, etc.

I once had the cottage in a small village with plenty of space for animals (and I had a horse and a dog) ... but circumstances dictated that I had to give it all up:-( Maybe I'm moving in reverse ... away from rather than towards the realisation of "dreams":-)

xxxEmmanuelleAn  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
3 things May 26, 2007

-Big old house in the country (but close enough to Bordeaux-max 40 km-) with at least 2 horses, a donkey or poney, a cat and two dogs.
-A flat in Manhattan
-The possibility to travel whenever I like

Have a good week end

Emmanuelle

[Edited at 2007-05-26 22:38]

[Edited at 2007-05-26 22:39]

[Edited at 2007-05-26 22:41]

Hendarto Setiadi  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 11:49
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Being able to live off the land and sea on a tropical island May 27, 2007

Since I am already living on a tropical island doing translation work, I am actually not that far off

Have a nice weekend

Yolande Haneder  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
A dream life? May 27, 2007

My dream is getting the agency big enough to get other translators to me not to have the whole responsibility on my shoulders (somebody answering my clients when I am not here and be able to interpret to court (I would have loved to interpret)).

Travelling to Quebec, to Mexico (to Yucatan especially), to Nashville, to Alexandria and the Pyramids, To Thailand, Australia and Madagascar (with somebody taking care of my children).

Having a 11 Meter Sun Odyssey boat to sail around the Greek islands (or maybe Croatia, that's not too far away, I intend to buy someday one together with my father).

My husband working with me.

My dream are not that far that I can's reach them but if I manage it, I would have had a HELL of work behind me.

My actual translation says that dreams is what one push forwards. Maybe I shouldn't get them all or I would be too spoiled

lingomania
Local time: 14:49
Italian to English
Me and a laptop May 27, 2007

I'd like to live anywhere in Polynesia, help out the tourists with language problems once in a while, get to know the Polynesian way of life better and..............my laptop? Well, to do some translation work when there are no local beauties to check out, hehehe!!!

Rob

[Edited at 2007-05-27 09:04]

Evonymus (Ewa Kazmierczak)  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2010)
English to Polish
+ ...
:) May 27, 2007

I would be on the LOST's island; I would be a pretty girl there and gorgeous Sawyer or Sayid would be my boyfriend. And we would live on the island happily thereafter.
For sure I would not look for any rescue whatsoever
Meantime, I better get back to work - a pile of overdue bills on my desk
cheers Ewa

[Edited at 2007-05-27 09:25]

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:49
French to English
+ ...
Ski chalet May 27, 2007

To own my own ski chalet, catering for guests in the winter months, taking them out skiing and fitting in my translations in in the quieter times.

One day, when my children have finished with the British education system.....

Elisabetta M.  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Days with 6 more hours May 27, 2007

If my days had 6 more hours I could:
1. read more books
2. see more movies
3. play more tennis
4. jog a little more
5. clean up my desk
Then I would like an extra month each year to travel the world and the seven seas...

Yolande Haneder  Identity Verified
German to French
+ ...
I had a couple of years ago May 27, 2007

Claire Cox wrote:

To own my own ski chalet, catering for guests in the winter months, taking them out skiing and fitting in my translations in in the quieter times.

One day, when my children have finished with the British education system.....

Before I learnt what it meant to get out half a meter snow before my door at 7 o'clock with children fighting in the car while I can't have a look at them.

I don't even think of getting out 2 meters of snow before getting my bread.

And don't think they are clearing the streets, once they clear the street it is to push everything one the side before my door

[Edited at 2007-05-27 12:06]

Claire Cox
United Kingdom
Local time: 04:49
French to English
+ ...
Hence why I'd do it when I'm no longer responsible for the children! May 27, 2007

Before I learnt what it meant to get out half a meter snow before my door at 7 o'clock with children fighting in the car while I can't have a look at them.

I don't even think of getting out 2 meters of snow before getting my bread.

And don't think they are clearing the streets, once they clear the street it is to push everything one the side before my door

[Edited at 2007-05-27 12:06] [/quote]

That's why I said I'd only do it once the children are off my hands - well at university at least! The beauty of my job as a freelancer is that I don't have to get out of the house if I don't need to, so I certainly wouldn't want to change that!

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:49
English to Italian
big bucks and travel May 27, 2007

As I always say, if I ever won the lottery I would take the first flight to Paris, buy an apartment there (small, big, it doesn't matter) and live in Paris for the rest of my life. My dream is to travel a lot and visit the countries and the places that I have always dreamt of seeing once in my lifetime: Australia, New Zealand, Central and South America (visiting the archaeological remains of the pre-Colombian civilizations and following Chatwin's Patagonian trip) and the Pacific Islands.

My problem though is that I don't play the lottery... I did it in the past, but you have more chances to find a white unicorn than winning the lottery...

I love Ewa's dream of being stranded on LOST's island with Sawyer. No Kate or Lucia around, though. Only me, not as sexy and thin as them...

Poof! my guardian angel is scolding me for day dreaming again... Gotta go back to my chores...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What would it be your IDEAL perfect life?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search