KUDOZ TO ALL OF YOU
Thread poster: Katherine Matles
I have been using Proz for the past year and four months. During this time, I have come to know people who have helped me to improve greatly as a translator and to provide my clients with a much more polished final product. The people on this web page have helped me to understand that many times we all have similar types of doubts and more often than not, every translator interprets a sentence in his own different way. Additionally, they have provided me with countless resources in addition to several different techniques for translating seemingly impossible documents. The problem is that more often than not, I feel that I am unable to adequately express my gratitude to these people.
So, I am writing this thank you note to Parrot, Cindy Chadd, Marian Greenfield, Oso, Hugo, Henry Hinds, Lila and all the other Prozians who have come to my aid in the past year and four months. I want to thank you for
1) Taking the time to answer Kudoz questions or research a topic which has nothing to do with your own while working on your own documents.
2) Refraining from criticism when a question is seemingly too easy to place on the Kudoz page.
3) Limiting yourselves to providing additional answers rather than criticizing the ones already given by your peers, when these seem inadequate or incomplete.
4) Confirming answers provided by others when these seem reasonable. Your expert input is greatly appreciated.
5) Confirming that my translation of certain words or sentences is indeed correct. When I am insecure or not sure that the terms I have used are the most adequate, this confirmation is very valuable.
6) Personally writing to me in cases where you have additional information to supply or cannot adequately express your opinions on the Proz page itself.
You are the people that make this web page such a valuable resource, which I hope to be able to rely on for years to come.
KUDOZ TO ALL OF YOU!
| || || |
| Couldn't agree more! || Jan 13, 2003 |
Everything that has been expressed by Katherine I would wish to endorse whole-heartedly. I am bowled over constantly by the helps I receive by other translators whom I regard as much more skilled than I am. I am s-o-o thankful for the KUDOZ system!!!!
| Well said Katherine. || Jan 14, 2003 |
Cecilia drives home the point and I subscribe as much as Lorna does.
| Agree with you but... || Jan 20, 2003 |
I agree with you upon everything except for 3). I do not usually give a disagree when it is a matter of style. But I am strongly in favour of disagreeing when an answer is absurd or has only been \"copied and pasted\" from a dictionary by someone just interested in earning Kudoz points and claims to be sure of his version (even if the word or phrase in question appears in a legal context and the term or phrase s/he provides are only used by sports commentators in the middle of a play!)
Regards to all
| | José Luis Villanueva-Senchuk
Local time: 14:25
English to Spanish
| KudoZ to you... || Jan 21, 2003 |
You deserve KudoZ for expressing it so well.
Blessings your way,
To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:
You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »
KUDOZ TO ALL OF YOU
|Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof|
Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership.
The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.
More info »
|Protemos translation business management system |
|Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!|
The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.
More info »