Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]
Off topic: What is the name of your feline assistant?
Thread poster: Yolanda Bello Olvera
Anja Weggel
Anja Weggel  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:30
Member (2007)
English to German
Kira & Neo Jun 28, 2010

Kira - a brown Persian mix who always sleeps next to my chair...

Neo - a grea Persian mix who sleeps on the next chair close to mine...

... and I adore them...

It seems that there is a natural affinity between translating and cat companionship... any ideas why that is...?

Big Hug to all the cats here

Deborah do Carmo
Deborah do Carmo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 13:30
Dutch to English
+ ...
Bowie ... Jun 28, 2010

... after David, the singer, who also has two different coloured eyes (blue and green in the case of my cat).

avsie (X)
avsie (X)  Identity Verified
English to French
+ ...
Two new assistants Jun 28, 2010

Marie-Claude Falardeau wrote:

We named our cat Maya, but we pretty much always call her "poes" (Dutch for "female cat") "Poes, come here, poes, don't do that..."

We also have a rabbit and you've guessed it, we're just calling him "konijn" (Dutch for rabbit)

Makes me wonder how we'll call our kids

Sadly my feline assistant Maya, aka Poes, passed away last year. Now I am assisted by two felines, Mia (white/grey) and Luna (grey).

Rebekka Groß (X)
Rebekka Groß (X)  Identity Verified
English to German
love the cats and stories Jun 29, 2010

I am so envious of you all - I had cat named Grisou (although she was black) more than 20 years ago when I was still a student in Germany only to realise I am supremely allergic to cats. They give me asthma - no cure But I enjoyed all the pics and stories here.

I actually have four assis
... See more
I am so envious of you all - I had cat named Grisou (although she was black) more than 20 years ago when I was still a student in Germany only to realise I am supremely allergic to cats. They give me asthma - no cure But I enjoyed all the pics and stories here.

I actually have four assistants: two Garfields my sister gave me as a present in the late 80's when he was a big star and I had just started to learn how to use a computer. But they don't really like hard work.

But my two real assistents are those two - only they have no names. They're a floppy zebra and a jellycat cat.

Not sure why the pics aren't showing but the links are working.

[Edited at 2010-06-29 12:18 GMT]
Collapse

Iwona Szymaniak
Iwona Szymaniak  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
My assistants Jun 29, 2010

My feline assistant is named Gushi and is a little lynx shape cat with a short tail and red or yellow hair.
My canine assistant, Gushi's friend, is a yellow great Dane, and he is great not only as compared with my tiny Gushi. His name is Ged.

I used to have quite a bunch of different feline and canine assistants. All their names started with "G". Sadly, they are not with me any longer on this side of the mirror. Hope I'll see them all again when I get to the other sid
... See more
My feline assistant is named Gushi and is a little lynx shape cat with a short tail and red or yellow hair.
My canine assistant, Gushi's friend, is a yellow great Dane, and he is great not only as compared with my tiny Gushi. His name is Ged.

I used to have quite a bunch of different feline and canine assistants. All their names started with "G". Sadly, they are not with me any longer on this side of the mirror. Hope I'll see them all again when I get to the other side of the mirror.

Iwona
Collapse

Helena Genel
Helena Genel
United States
Local time: 05:30
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ranpha Jun 29, 2010

A mischievous, but sweet, mixed-breed snowshoe Siamese. She is not a baby anymore (15 months), but keeps behaving like one.

Seen here cooling off in the bathroom sink, relaxing in the kitchen in her favorite position, and sleeping after a hard day at the computer.

[Edited at 2010-06-30 04:09 GMT]

sindy cremer
sindy cremer
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Wietske, Femke, Casey, Sadie Jun 29, 2010

Four adult, neutered, fine women.
They used to have male company, but one of the males (Flipsen) didn't quite fancy my last move and decided to pack a knapsack and take off... Then a few months later my dear Picard, a lovely, totally happy black and white angora-like male went missing... still don't know what happened... searched everywhere...
Glad that my females are with me, but I still miss those two males and it's been almost a year since they disappeared...
A youngish w
... See more
Four adult, neutered, fine women.
They used to have male company, but one of the males (Flipsen) didn't quite fancy my last move and decided to pack a knapsack and take off... Then a few months later my dear Picard, a lovely, totally happy black and white angora-like male went missing... still don't know what happened... searched everywhere...
Glad that my females are with me, but I still miss those two males and it's been almost a year since they disappeared...
A youngish white and tabby stray has been visiting the premises recently. He's very scared but just as interested in food and also in one of my females... wonder how long it'll take for him to find out she can't/won't be his mate
I'll keep him if he wants to stay - make a place in the shed until he's tame enough to catch him for proper flea treatment and ... sorry pal, to have him neutered...
Collapse

Nicole Schnell
Nicole Schnell  Identity Verified
United States
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Off topic Jul 7, 2010

No, this is not my cat, but I would love to share this link with you. I once caught my cat standing on her hind legs. Of course I didn't have a camera at hand...

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=424643237776

Marie Karlsson
Marie Karlsson
United Kingdom
English to Swedish
+ ...
Egon Jul 8, 2010

... or according to the pedigree, Alter Ego - my gorgeous Norwegian Forest Cat, who has become a senior, 16 years old!!
He is black with white marks on his nose, paws and breast.
Besides being my best friend, he enjoys working, just like his mistress;-). Well, to be honest, sleeping and eating come first ...

[Redigerad 2010-07-08 19:10 GMT]

Chunyi Chen
Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
Wow! Jul 9, 2010

Thanks, Nicole, for sharing the link. It was amazing to see how long that cat stood.
It seems like the cat "was professionally trained"--the last part quoted from my 8 year old daughter who helped me finish my sentence:)

Chun-yi

[Edited at 2010-07-09 06:28 GMT]

Andrea Jarmuschewski
Andrea Jarmuschewski  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Toutouille Jul 9, 2010

Toutouille, also named Gris, is a true Mister Purr-Purr! He rules in our house .

Collapse

Lingua 5B
Lingua 5B  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2009)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Toutouille ;) Jul 9, 2010

Love the name, it's catchy.

The Nicole's link is great, the cat looks like it's trying to impersonate a human.

Sonoko Enami
Sonoko Enami  Identity Verified
Japan
Local time: 21:30
Member (2010)
English to Japanese
Long-lost siblings? Jul 23, 2010

Andrea,

This is Senbei, my on-and-off assistant rescued by a friend of mine 8 years ago. Toutouille's long-lost brother? Perhaps?

Sonoko

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What is the name of your feline assistant?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »