Off topic: Is there something that you just can't leave behind? That timelasting something
Thread poster: Francesca Battaglia

Francesca Battaglia
Italy
Local time: 07:23
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
Jul 13, 2007

Is there something that you just can't leave? Something that followed you along the years..Or in your travels..

As for me, my old teddy bears follow me everywhere I go, I don't feel home without them.

[Modificato alle 2007-07-13 18:19]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2007-07-14 00:03]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jenny Forbes  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:23
Member (2006)
French to English
+ ...
Sewing basket and manicure set Jul 13, 2007

francesca battaglia wrote:

Is there something that you just can't leave? Something that followed you along the years..Or in your travels..

As for me, my old teddies follow me everywhere I go, I don't feel home without them.

Yes, I'm still using (not very often) a sewing basket I've had since a child. It's falling apart now.
And a manicure set (often) I've had since I was about 16 - no new tools have yet bettered the nail files, scissors and tweezers it contains. The case itself is also falling apart, but not the tools themselves.
Regards,
Jenny.

biankonera  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 08:23
Italian to Latvian
+ ...
music Jul 13, 2007

What follows me around is my music - from cassette players to now my lovely iPod. Music is what keeps me company wherever I go, without it Im lost.

Yolanda Bello  Identity Verified
Mexico
Member (2006)
English to Spanish
+ ...
books! Jul 13, 2007

The need to read is always there. I am always curious.
You could call it the intellectual version of an unquenchable wanderlust!

Y

Margreet Logmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Swiss pocket knife Jul 13, 2007

It proved its usefulness on more than one occasion. It has a (very limited) number of tools, and it is a very good knife of course. It really is an 'all-purpose'-item and I've carried it with me for more than 20 years. I've grown so attached to it, I almost forgot to put it in my suitcase once when flying to the USA. That would have gotten me into trouble!

Have a nice weekend,
Margreet

Liliana Roman-Hamilton  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:23
English to Italian
books and.... Jul 13, 2007

When I travel I always take with me my book with Emily Dickinson's complete poems. I had an old edition, but it was falling apart and I ended up getting a new one from B&N.

Oh, yes, also the less poetic tweezers (we don't want any stinkin' unibrows like Frieda Kahlo, you know).

texjax DDS PhD  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:23
Member (2006)
English to Italian
+ ...
Family pictures and a small stuffed animal Jul 13, 2007

A couple of family pictures and a very small stuffed animal attached to a key chain, which resembles my beloved dog. He passed away last year after 15 years of unconditioned love and friendship from both parts, and every time I look at it I think of him with a smile.

Henrik Pipoyan  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:23
Member (2004)
English to Armenian
My eyeglasses Jul 13, 2007

Can't think of anything else:)

Marie-Hélène Hayles  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
music, books... and my cat! Jul 13, 2007

From Oxfordshire to Rome, holidays in Sicily, 3-year sojourn in Luxembourg, back to Rome 3-4 times a year, on down to Sicily again, up to the new house in the Lazio countryside... he's always with me!

Maurizio Spagnuolo  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
A Zippo lighter Jul 13, 2007

Battered and worn, it used to be navy blue but now you can see the underlying brass...

PAS  Identity Verified
English to Polish
+ ...
Travellin' Teddy Bear Jul 14, 2007

I have a small (maybe 7 cm tall) teddy bear that I got when I was maybe six from a nice lady that used to baby sit me.

I carried it around with me in my back pocket whenever I went for a long trip.
Now it's almost flat, most of its fur has rubbed off and its button nose fell off a long time ago (I painted the spot black with a magic marker. I don't take it with me anymore. It earned a rest home with my daughter's stuffed animals, so it doesn't feel rejected

Pawel Skalinski

Andres & Leticia Enjuto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 02:23
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Ladies, never forget... Jul 14, 2007

the Make up!!!

And contact lenses in my case

Have a great weekend

Letty

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is there something that you just can't leave behind? That timelasting something

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search