Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 10:22
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Oct 10, 2007

Olá!
I'm going to spend a few days in Barcelona next week and would like to know if there exists any symphony orchestra or opera in Barcelona and how to get tickets. I searched the net, but found only football and pop. One opera event scheduled for November.
Certainly there must be some serious music in a town like that? Can you help?

Regards
Heinrich

Deschant
Deschant
Local time: 08:22
Sure! Oct 10, 2007

This is what you need: http://www.liceubarcelona.com/teatre_liceu.asp . One of the most renowned opera houses in Spain.

Just read that there´s Bluebeard's Castle, Aida and a new opera by Spanish composer Leonardo Balada scheduled for November... I wish I could be there!

Best regards,
Eva

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:22
Spanish to English
+ ...
Palau de la Música Oct 10, 2007

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Olá!
I'm going to spend a few days in Barcelona next week and would like to know if there exists any symphony orchestra or opera in Barcelona and how to get tickets. I searched the net, but found only football and pop. One opera event scheduled for November.
Certainly there must be some serious music in a town like that? Can you help?

Regards
Heinrich

I think it's a bit late to get tickets for Liceu.

Spectacular concert hall, and a wide range of music events

http://home.palaumusica.org/

EG:

Friday , 19 of October of 2.007, 21:00 h SALA DE CONCERTS
'LA GUITARRA ESPANYOLA'
OBRES MESTRES

BARCELONA DUO DE GUITARRA
XENIA AXELROUD & JOAN BENEJAM
ROSSINI: Obertura de
Il Barbiere di Siviglia
ALBÉNIZ: Preludio (Leyenda)
ALBÉNIZ: Rumores de la Caleta
ALBÉNIZ: Castilla
FALLA: El Amor Brujo (Suite)
ROSSINI: Obertura de
La Gazza Ladra
BIZET: Carmen (Suite)
SARASATE: Aires Gitanos
SARASATE: Zapateado
Organitza:
POEMA, S.L.

[Edited at 2007-10-10 14:03]

Rosa Diez Tagarro
Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Palau de la Música! Oct 10, 2007

Yes, I strongly recommend the Palau de la Música, beautiful building, nice concerts!

Very interesting ones at L'Auditori, too:

www.auditori.com

Enjoy your stay!

Rosa

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ticket purchase online doesn't seem to work Oct 11, 2007

This Palau de la musica seems great, but I cannot manage to buy tickets online.
The opera is booked already.

Well, I managed to book when using IE. With Firefox nothing happend, probably security issue.

Thanks to you all!

[Bearbeitet am 2007-10-11 08:43]

Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
enjoy:-) Oct 11, 2007

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

This Palau de la musica seems great, but I cannot manage to buy tickets online.
The opera is booked already.

Well, I managed to book when using IE. With Firefox nothing happend, probably security issue.

Thanks to you all!

[Bearbeitet am 2007-10-11 08:43]

The P de la M is absolutely unique and one of the most beautiful concert halls you can imagine, so even if you don't get to see a concert, take a tour and enjoy their restaurant-bar:-)

MiaK
MiaK  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Finnish
+ ...
Servicaixa Oct 12, 2007

Hi, Heinrich.

It seems you have already managed to book your tickets, but just for the record: ServiCaixa is a very useful service for booking tickets to all types of events in Barcelona (they accept Visa and Mastercard, and the website is available in English as well):

http://www.servicaixa.com/

BTW (in Finnish): Olen suomalainen kääntäjä ja asun Barcelonassa, joten
... See more
Hi, Heinrich.

It seems you have already managed to book your tickets, but just for the record: ServiCaixa is a very useful service for booking tickets to all types of events in Barcelona (they accept Visa and Mastercard, and the website is available in English as well):

http://www.servicaixa.com/

BTW (in Finnish): Olen suomalainen kääntäjä ja asun Barcelonassa, joten jos sinä ja seurueesi tarvitsette täällä ollessanne tai ennen matkaanne mitä tahansa neuvoja, vinkkejä tai apua, niin ottakaa ihmeessä yhteyttä profiilisivuni kautta.

Hyvää matkaa! Have a nice trip!
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Home again Oct 27, 2007

Thank you once more for your help!

The concert was great. We were fortunate enough to book a guided tour for the Palau and enjoyed it very much.
What a great bunch of creative people those Catalonians are! To give their architects so much freedom!

Some opinions:
enormously progressive the way Barcelona's newer quarters were built - each crossing as an octagone, so traffic jams are avoided most of the time. Unbelievably cheap the fare on buses and metro-tra
... See more
Thank you once more for your help!

The concert was great. We were fortunate enough to book a guided tour for the Palau and enjoyed it very much.
What a great bunch of creative people those Catalonians are! To give their architects so much freedom!

Some opinions:
enormously progressive the way Barcelona's newer quarters were built - each crossing as an octagone, so traffic jams are avoided most of the time. Unbelievably cheap the fare on buses and metro-trains.
World's best bread: the Catalonian version of the baton. If only a Barcelonian baker would open a bakery in Helsinki, I guess soon our own bakers would be out of business. What I do not understand is, why people settle for less than optimum. Tourists must have enjoyed these products for decades, but still this bread can only be found in Catalonia (as far as I know).
Kindergarten and school classes on excursion: very disciplined and polite. One group of small children were visiting the Foundation Miró and listened to the teacher very attentively.
The best food we got during our holiday was in the Cafe Pessets in Sort. Surprisingly tasty, creative and non-expensive dishes.

Thank you Catalonia and Good bye!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Concerts, Opera in Barcelona

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »