Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 14:50
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 31, 2008

This is no fun, sorry.

I would like to draw your attention to this organisation for helping women in the poorest countries to start up or expand small business.
Please read more here:

http://www.kua.fi/english/support_us/womens_bank/?id=1362

The Women's Bank is a project running since May 2007. Up to now it has got about 430 000 Euro
... See more
This is no fun, sorry.

I would like to draw your attention to this organisation for helping women in the poorest countries to start up or expand small business.
Please read more here:

http://www.kua.fi/english/support_us/womens_bank/?id=1362

The Women's Bank is a project running since May 2007. Up to now it has got about 430 000 Euro from it's shareholders (I'm a shareholder too).
Yesterday the first shareholder's meeting was held. At the moment activity concentrates on Liberia (where the idea was born), Cambodia and Congo. In Campodia the Women's Bank is funding small village banks with a startup capital of about 1000 Euro each. These village banks are run by local villagers and the money stays within the village, which is not the case with traditional banks. So also the interest on loans (3 %) stays in the village.

Actually you can donate less than the 750 Euro for a share. And you do not have to be a woman in order to be able to support the Women's Bank!

Regards
Heinrich
Collapse

Capicuan Girl
Capicuan Girl
English to Spanish
... Jan 31, 2008

Thank you Heinrich for this info. I had already heard of this Bank of Women and I do think it is goog that real things such as this are implemented.
Best,
Natalia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Fernanda Rocha[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Attention please: The Women's Bank

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »