Can't type on ms word 2003
Thread poster: jperez
jperez
jperez
English to Spanish
Apr 4, 2008

first i clean up the computer of the virus w32.spybot.worm. now i can't type any word on ms word 2003
- i delete the normal.dot file
- i delete the data key on under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Word\Data

if any one could help i will appreciate

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:45
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try Googling it Apr 4, 2008

Maybe you haven't completely removed the worm? There is plenty of advice out there on the Web on this subject, e.g.:
http://www.lancelhoff.com/2008/03/17/how-to-remove-the-w32spybotworm/

[Edited at 2008-04-04 22:05]

Shai Navé
Shai Navé  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 04:45
English to Hebrew
+ ...
Maybe an activation problem Apr 6, 2008

In case you needed to activate your copy of office 2003, the cleaning process might caused your copy to de-activated. In this case I recommend first to uninstall the office suit and than reinstall it again. If this doesn't help contact your local Microsoft support center, describe your situation and they will provide you with a new key and instructions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't type on ms word 2003

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »