problems with linking Trados 2007 Freelance and Word 2007 Home and Student edition
Thread poster: Kees Hartmans
Kees Hartmans  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:44
English to Dutch
Apr 8, 2008

Hello, I'm experiencing problems with using Trados Freelance 2007 and MS Word 2007 home and student edition. I do not get the Trados button. Has anyone had the same experience? I think that the cause might be that this Office edition is for non-commercial use. Please your help in this?

Sincerely Kees Hartmans
Groningen, Netherlands

Direct link Reply with quote

Angeliki Papadopoulou  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 20:44
Member (2006)
English to Greek
+ ...
This has been discussed before... Apr 8, 2008

...and the answer is that for the time being, Trados 2007 and Word 2007 are not compatible.

Netherlands
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
word 2007 Apr 8, 2008

OK, thank you, Kees

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 00:44
English to Indonesian
+ ...
should be compatible Apr 8, 2008

Angeliki Papadopoulou wrote:

...and the answer is that for the time being, Trados 2007 and Word 2007 are not compatible.

really? from this page: http://www.translationzone.com/en/products/sdltrados2007/technicaloverview/, it says that trados 2k7 is compatible with office 2k7 and "Continued support for using Word an as alternate translation editor for Word documents".
as i don't use trados 2k7, i can't confirm it first hand though.

Mulyadi Subali  Identity Verified
Indonesia
Local time: 00:44
English to Indonesian
+ ...
tageditor Apr 8, 2008

Kees Hartmans wrote:

Hello, I'm experiencing problems with using Trados Freelance 2007 and MS Word 2007 home and student edition. I do not get the Trados button. Has anyone had the same experience? I think that the cause might be that this Office edition is for non-commercial use. Please your help in this?

Sincerely Kees Hartmans
Groningen, Netherlands

you can always use tageditor, which i think is superior than using workbench + word.

Richard Hall  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 13:44
Italian to English
+ ...
They are compatible Apr 9, 2008

I use trados 2007 SP2 and word 2007 on windows xp professional.

There is no Trados button but if trados 2007 is installed you will find two new menus on the right hand side of the Word 2007 menu bar "SDL Trados" and "MultiTerm". If you open these menus you will see the normal trados menu.

[Edited at 2008-04-09 09:03]

Netherlands
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
thanks Apr 9, 2008

Thanks everybody for your replies. I managed to get a version of office 2003 which I installed on my laptop. For the moment I can operate again legally, I will certainly have a look at the possibilities mentioned about Trados 2007 and SP2 and Word 2007.

Thanks again.

Kees Hartmans
Groningen, NL

Sebastijan Pilko  Identity Verified
Slovenia
English to Slovenian
+ ...
Student Edition Apr 23, 2008

I was told that Student Edition does not work with Trados.

The explanation is that Student Edition is not intended for commercial use/earning.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Kind regards,
PICOW

roak
United States
German to English
WORD 2007 not compatible with TRADOS 2007 May 8, 2008

Richard Hall wrote:

I use trados 2007 SP2 and word 2007 on windows xp professional.

There is no Trados button but if trados 2007 is installed you will find two new menus on the right hand side of the Word 2007 menu bar "SDL Trados" and "MultiTerm". If you open these menus you will see the normal trados menu.

I have the WINDOWS XP operating system with Service Pack 3 and TRADOS 2007 with SP2 (Build 835). With Office XP it worked fine but I recently upgraded to Office 2007 and now I see that Trados is not compatible with WORD 2007. On calling the SDL support team, I was told that Microsoft is working towards resolving this issue and asked me not to use Trados with WORD 2007 until Microsoft makes the the next service pack for office 2007 available for download.

I do see the trdos toolbar in the ADD-INS tab but the buttons simply dont work the way they did with office XP.
May I request you to let me know what you did to make them work normally??

Thanks in advance for your help

Cyril Georget
France
English to French
+ ...
Is anyone use Trados 7 with Office 2007 student edition ? Jun 6, 2008

I try to install Trados in it but nothing. There should be a solution...

Now I manage to have the buttons but when I try to open it says "end of paragraph not found" even with one sentence !!

I try word 7 student & family but bof... i am not satisfied at all...

[Modifié le 2008-06-06 12:19]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problems with linking Trados 2007 Freelance and Word 2007 Home and Student edition

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search