Recover lost changes in MS Word
Thread poster: PPW
PPW
English
May 6, 2008

Hi,

I'd be grateful if anyone thinks there might be a way to solve this other than redoing the work...

While editing a Word document using Track Changes (Word 2007, Mac version), I inadvertently seem to have accepted & saved all of the changes before closing it, so that I'm now just left with the final version.

Does anyone know how I might retrieve a previously saved (temporary file?) version?

I'll also say that I've already checked to see if they were merely hidden, but they have in fact all been wiped.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Direct link Reply with quote

PPW
English
TOPIC STARTER
Solved it! May 6, 2008

I still had a copy of the original unedited document, so I was able to just use Word's "Compare Documents" feature. It didn't recover any comments I left, but all the edits were now highlighted.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Recover lost changes in MS Word

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search