Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 20:50
English to Croatian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Jul 15, 2008

I am experiencing some rather annoying changes in Word while working in a document containing nothing but text. The font of some words or paragraphs is blue and I see them in blue until a scroll down or up the page, or even until a mouseover, when they all turn brown-red. The same thing happens when I change my active window for a moment, for instance to check my e-mail.

If I just select the word by clicking on it, it turns blue again, but will only remain blue until I scroll down a
... See more
I am experiencing some rather annoying changes in Word while working in a document containing nothing but text. The font of some words or paragraphs is blue and I see them in blue until a scroll down or up the page, or even until a mouseover, when they all turn brown-red. The same thing happens when I change my active window for a moment, for instance to check my e-mail.

If I just select the word by clicking on it, it turns blue again, but will only remain blue until I scroll down again. I tried to send such a file to a friend, and she didn't see any words in blue, but only in red. I also tried to make a screen capture, but as soon as a mouse comes over it, the color changes on screen, although the color listed in Format/Font/Font Color IS blue.

I have tried to solve this "WYSIWYG" problem, but nothing seems to work. Any clues or suggestions?

I use: Windows XP Professional SP2 & Office XP Professional (Word 2002-SP3)
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Hi Christina Jul 15, 2008

In my opinion this happens to some formatting or style of the text (you can see them by clicking Format >Show format).

If you don't need all these colors, I would suggest copying everything into a new file or highlighting all text and selecting font options that you need (black color, etc.)

Sergei Leshchinsky
Sergei Leshchinsky  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:50
Member (2008)
English to Russian
+ ...
memory Jul 15, 2008

Check you RAM. Extend/replace. Serious.

Kristina Kolic
Kristina Kolic  Identity Verified
Croatia
English to Croatian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SITE LOCALIZER
RAM & Show Format are fine Jul 15, 2008

To Natalie: I checked with Format>Reveal Formatting and the Font Color displayed there is Dark Blue, but the text itself is still displayed in Dark Red in the Reveal Formatting window :-/

To Sergei: My computer is brand new with 4 GB RAM. The fact is that this problem is only experienced in Word, which does not seem to like blue colors, unlike me...

I wonder if this might be caused by an add-on or any other option that should not be selected. I just noticed the same beh
... See more
To Natalie: I checked with Format>Reveal Formatting and the Font Color displayed there is Dark Blue, but the text itself is still displayed in Dark Red in the Reveal Formatting window :-/

To Sergei: My computer is brand new with 4 GB RAM. The fact is that this problem is only experienced in Word, which does not seem to like blue colors, unlike me...

I wonder if this might be caused by an add-on or any other option that should not be selected. I just noticed the same behavior in Excel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word: erratic font color changes

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »