https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/114509-how_to_merge_numerous_rtf_files_into_one.html

How to merge numerous RTF-files into one ?
Thread poster: Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 01:24
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
Sep 5, 2008

Problem: Implementing corrections made in about 90 RTF-files into 130 bi-lingual ttx.files.

The RTF-files are organised as two-column tables. One source column and one target column, to which the corrections (tracking) have been made.

The corrections are to be identified in the RTF-files and implemented in the ttx.files. Job to be returned as bi-lingual & target files. Toal number of TU's : 5.000 + !

This job took ages - and the TM does not recognise the a
... See more
Problem: Implementing corrections made in about 90 RTF-files into 130 bi-lingual ttx.files.

The RTF-files are organised as two-column tables. One source column and one target column, to which the corrections (tracking) have been made.

The corrections are to be identified in the RTF-files and implemented in the ttx.files. Job to be returned as bi-lingual & target files. Toal number of TU's : 5.000 + !

This job took ages - and the TM does not recognise the amount of hours actually spent on the corrections.

I had glued the 130 .ttx- files, but found no way of combining the RFT-files, so had to open one after the other, and then save under different name to keep track of the files.

Please solve the mystery : is there a way to combine the RFT-files in order to work smarter? is there any other way to work smarter?

I'll appreciate your comments - maybe from colleagues who have had the same job with other source language than Danish.

thanks in advance
Birthe

[Edited at 2008-09-05 11:42]
Collapse

Zoltán Kulcsár
Zoltán Kulcsár  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
to combine rtf files Sep 5, 2008

you could use a macro contained in PlusToyz: http://www.geocities.com/avvysotsky/PlusToyz.zip

The name of the macro is BuildMasterDoc.
The macro may convert rtf files to doc or docx, but that can be solved using another small macro.

Maybe others have more simple solution:)

Birthe Omark
Birthe Omark  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2006)
French to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PlusToyz macro BuildMasterDoc did the job!! Sep 5, 2008

Thank you very much.. Why was I so stubborn and proud not to ask the question right away, so that I would have avoided all that aggravation for me and the TM.

I am really grateful. Thank you so much.

) .. lots of them!
Birthe

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to merge numerous RTF-files into one ?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »