Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 01:59
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Sep 13, 2008

Something very strange has happened to my computer over the last few days. When I have worked with images (bar charts, graphs and the like) I have formerly double-clicked on them and most have opened, after which I could edit them normally. Now, however, when I do this the "Edit Images" command in the drop-down menu is no longer there, and has been replaced by "Objeto Unknown", in this strange combination of English and Portuguese. If I click on it, I get "Convert to Unknown". What has happened?... See more
Something very strange has happened to my computer over the last few days. When I have worked with images (bar charts, graphs and the like) I have formerly double-clicked on them and most have opened, after which I could edit them normally. Now, however, when I do this the "Edit Images" command in the drop-down menu is no longer there, and has been replaced by "Objeto Unknown", in this strange combination of English and Portuguese. If I click on it, I get "Convert to Unknown". What has happened?

The only thing I have done different recently is set the margins for another job, in line with the house rules of a translation agency I work for.

The package I use is Word 2007 with Vista Starter.

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2008-09-13 20:05]
Collapse

Rimma Kehr
Rimma Kehr
Germany
Local time: 06:59
German to English
+ ...
Editing Images feature seems to have disappeared Sep 14, 2008

Hello Paul,

you seem to have problem with Windows Vista or/and Word 2007.
Please re-install your Windows Visa and additionally your Office 2007.

Hope to be helpful for you.

Best regards

Rimma Kehr

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing Images feature seems to have disappeared

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »