Urgent: Word XP message "margins are too big" (margenes demasiado largos)
Thread poster: MargaBBB
MargaBBB
Local time: 03:07
Catalan to English
+ ...
Feb 26, 2009

Word XP message "margins are too big" (margenes demasiado largos)

I have to provide a document with a set upper margin. The document is scanned, and has columns, tables etc. When I try to use the page setup function, I get this message - NOTE - even when I just try to give "OK" to the existing margins, as if something somewhere is blocked. But what?

Here is the message (in Spanish):
"Los margenes derechos e izquierdos, el espacio entre columnas o las sangrias de párrafo son demasiado largos para el ancho de las páginas en algunas secciones"
(roughly, right and left hand margins, space between columns or paragraph indents are too long for the width of the page in some sections).

As I say, the message appears even when I have not changed any margins. I've pasted into a new document but no luck. It's urgent - is there anything I can do?

Direct link Reply with quote

RieM  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:07
English to Japanese
+ ...
This link might help you! Feb 26, 2009

Hi Joyce

If you are still wondering....

http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;813990&x=12&y=9

Also, you probably have to have admin rights in order to make changes, if I remember correctly.

Regards,
Rie

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgent: Word XP message "margins are too big" (margenes demasiado largos)

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search