Is it possible to edit meta tags in MS Word 2007?
Thread poster: conejo

conejo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:05
Member (2003)
Japanese to English
+ ...
May 6, 2009

Hello all.

I created my website in MS Front Page 2002. Due to circumstances outside my control I no longer have the MS Front Page program. This usually didn't present a problem, because I can edit the content of my webpage using MS Word. However, I never had a need to edit the meta tags until recently, and I have not figured out if it is possible to edit these meta tags in MS Word 2007.

The meta tags were entered in MS Front Page, so when I click on Properties in MS Word 2007, it does not show them in the key words. If I do "Inspect", it tells me that yes there are hidden meta tags in the file, but it does not offer any way to edit them.

If I look at the page in Firefox (see source), I can see that yes there are meta tags in there, and I can view them, but I can't edit them, or at least haven't figured out how to.

Basically I have MS Office 2007, and a Windows XP operating system, and am using Firefox as my browser.

Is there a way to edit meta tags in MS Office 2007, or will I have to buy some kind of equivalent to MS Front Page (apparently Microsoft no longer makes this exact program anymore)?

Thanks.

[Edited at 2009-05-06 17:21 GMT]

[Edited at 2009-05-06 17:23 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Frederic Lievre
Ireland
Local time: 18:05
English to French
+ ...
Download Coffe cup HTML May 6, 2009

They have a freeware version that do WYGIWYS system and you will be able to edit your site no problems

[Edited at 2009-05-06 17:25 GMT]

Boyan Brezinsky  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 20:05
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Use a simple text editor May 6, 2009

If you want to edit ONLY the meta tags, open the file in a simple text editor as Notepad and perform the edit. Back up the file on the server first and the upload the file you just edited.

conejo  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:05
Member (2003)
Japanese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That worked May 6, 2009

Hey that worked! Thanks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to edit meta tags in MS Word 2007?

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search