https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/136358-cant_open_excel_file_word_awaiting_ole_action_what_is_this.html

Can't open Excel file - Word awaiting OLE action - what is this?
Thread poster: Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon
Paul Dixon  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 19:56
Portuguese to English
+ ...
May 30, 2009

I am doing some work which is essentially a Word file with some Excel tables inside it. Whenever I try to open one of the tables I get this message and everything just freezes. Does anyone have an idea of what "OLE action" is and why this is happening? Please reply urgently as the work is for Monday and there is no-one available at the agency.

Tina Vonhof (X)
Tina Vonhof (X)
Canada
Local time: 16:56
Dutch to English
+ ...
a suggestion May 30, 2009

I am sorry I don't know the answer to your question but here is a suggestion to try and get around the problem: can you right click on the table, select it and copy and paste it into a separate excel file, do what you need to do, and then copy and paste it back into the word document?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open Excel file - Word awaiting OLE action - what is this?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »