Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Jun 18, 2009

Hi, all! I've been working for several weeks with a couple of authors who keep sending me their graphs in an Excel file. Each time, I have not been able to manipulate the graphs.

The latest iteration, I can either click inside the graph and access the "innards" of a box, and overwrite the text. But sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Another option has been to type over the source text in a cell. But the same thing happened! It worked only some of the tim
... See more
Hi, all! I've been working for several weeks with a couple of authors who keep sending me their graphs in an Excel file. Each time, I have not been able to manipulate the graphs.

The latest iteration, I can either click inside the graph and access the "innards" of a box, and overwrite the text. But sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

Another option has been to type over the source text in a cell. But the same thing happened! It worked only some of the time.

Does anyone know of a way around this?

Thanks,
Patricia
Collapse

milinad
milinad  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:38
German to English
images Jun 18, 2009

Whenever I have to translate text in images I prefer presenting it in a tabular form i.e. giving Source & Target language text side by side

Patricia Rosas
Patricia Rosas  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:08
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
that's what the author and I just decided to do... Jun 18, 2009

milinad wrote:

Whenever I have to translate text in images I prefer presenting it in a tabular form i.e. giving Source & Target language text side by side

I'm going to provide that and she'll put it in the file.

Thank you!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to unlock a graph in Excel

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »