lauremar  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:05
Member (2005)
Chinese to French
+ ...
Jul 16, 2009

Hi,

I just got Office 2007 installed on my PC... what a nightmare. The options that used to appear at the bottom of the menus are not there anymore...

More specifically, i can't find the "Hide text" option that used to be at the bottom of the Tools menu, under options, Visualize. This option is essential when using Trados, especially with Word, and i have really been looking hard for it.

Can anyone help me? Has anyone found it?

Thanks

Laure

Direct link Reply with quote

Verónica Garello
Argentina
Local time: 14:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
Hidden text in Word 2007 Jul 16, 2009

Hi, to have Word display hidden text by default -every time you open Word this option will be activated- click onto the rounded office button placed on the top-left side of the Word window and select "Word options" (bottom-right), then click on "Display" (2nd option, left side of the window) and then click the "Hidden text" check mark (7th option on the right)

You can also click on the "Display all" icon (looks like an paragraph return character) placed inside the "Paragraph" section from the "Start" ribbon.

I hope you find the menus and options listed above, I tried to match the terms to their English translations since I have the Spanish version of Office

Good luck!

Vero

lauremar  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 19:05
Member (2005)
Chinese to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much Jul 16, 2009

Thanks a lot, Vero, IT WORKS! Really, you have saved me a lot of trouble. All the best et hasta la proxima. Laure

Verónica Garello
Argentina
Local time: 14:05
English to Spanish
+ ...
You are welcome! Jul 16, 2009

Veronica Garello wrote:

Hi, to have Word display hidden text by default -every time you open Word this option will be activated- click onto the rounded office button placed on the top-left side of the Word window and select "Word options" (bottom-right), then click on "Display" (2nd option, left side of the window) and then click the "Hidden text" check mark (7th option on the right)

You can also click on the "Display all" icon (looks like an paragraph return character) placed inside the "Paragraph" section from the "Start" ribbon.

I hope you find the menus and options listed above, I tried to match the terms to their English translations since I have the Spanish version of Office

Good luck!

Vero

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Hide Text Option in Word 2007

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search