Thread poster: MariusJacobsen

MariusJacobsen  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 13:16
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Sep 16, 2009

Hi all,

I'm looking for a quick way to clean a document by removing everything between "". I've tried using find and replace in word, but can't seem to figure this out. Any suggestions?

Help is much appreciated!

Marius

Direct link Reply with quote

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Use wildcards Sep 16, 2009

Go to the Search&Replace dialog, select 'use wildcards' and then:
Find: \\
Replace with: \\

(note: only use ONE consecutive backslash - I'm saying this because the ProZ system seems to make some backslashes disappear, so I had to type them in double to get one on screen - I hope that makes sense)

When in that dialog, click the question mark (upper right corner, or hit F1) and look for Wildcards for things you want to search and replace (or something like that).
This will give you a (long) list of possibilities for searching you never dreamt of.

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-09-16 08:57 GMT]

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-09-16 08:58 GMT]

FarkasAndras
English to Hungarian
+ ...
could get tricky Sep 16, 2009

Jan Willem van Dormolen wrote:

Go to the Search&Replace dialog, select 'use wildcards' and then:
Find: \\
Replace with: \\

(note: only use ONE consecutive backslash - I'm saying this because the ProZ system seems to make some backslashes disappear, so I had to type them in double to get one on screen - I hope that makes sense)

When in that dialog, click the question mark (upper right corner, or hit F1) and look for Wildcards for things you want to search and replace (or something like that).
This will give you a (long) list of possibilities for searching you never dreamt of.

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-09-16 08:57 GMT]

[Bijgewerkt op 2009-09-16 08:58 GMT]

The thing with searches like this is that you never really know if they're lazy or greedy. If your word processor/text editor is greedy (i.e. it removes everything between the first opening bracket and the last closing bracket) then you have to exclude internal opening brackets, possibly like so: \\

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Removing content between

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search