Downloading and installing fonts
Thread poster: twl

twl
Local time: 16:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 5, 2009

Hi allicon_smile.gif

I am trying to download/activate a font (a Hindi font, KrutiDev 46). I have been sent the ttf file and have files it under the "fonts" folder in my system. I use Windows XP.

I am now trying to "activate" the font in order to open a Hindi translation I have been sent in this font.

I managed to do it somehow with a Gujerati font a few weeks ago but I think I arrived there through trial and error.

If anyone knows of any step-by-step instructions I would be extremely grateful.

Thank you

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:47
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Simply copying a font to the fonts folder is not enough for Windows Nov 5, 2009

You have to use the Fonts section from the Control Panel on your computer. You might want to read some instructions.

twl
Local time: 16:47
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks! Nov 5, 2009

This worked, thank you for taking the time to helpicon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Downloading and installing fonts

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search