Excel 2007: Why do I see ########?
Thread poster: David Jessop

David Jessop  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jan 29, 2010

Hello...

I imagine this is an easy Excel question for someone who knows. I have a date field in my Excel accounting field and now instead of the date I see ########. This seems to have occurred randomly. I know that the dates are not lost because if I hover my mouse over the cells, the dates appear in a floating box; also, if I copy the text and paste it into another application, the dates appear rather than the #######. Thanks for any help on solving this!

Best wishes,
David

Laurent KRAULAND (X)  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 23:09
French to German
+ ...
Your cells are not wide enough... EOM Jan 29, 2010

... and Excel will display these # to show that there is content in such cells, but that it cannot be shown in full.

[Edited at 2010-01-29 21:33 GMT]

David Jessop  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fool :-) Jan 29, 2010

Thanks ScottishWildCat, don't I feel like a fool nowicon_smile.gif.

Saludos.

David

Pablo Bouvier  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:09
German to Spanish
+ ...
Excel 2007: Why do I see ########?" Jan 29, 2010

David Jessop wrote:

Thanks ScottishWildCat, don't I feel like a fool nowicon_smile.gif.

Saludos.

David

Basic motive for this is the one mentioned above by ScottishWildcat, but they may exist some others. One of them is that an operation result lands in a previously wrong formatted cell, like a number in a cell defined for dates.

[Editado a las 2010-01-29 21:42 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Excel 2007: Why do I see ########?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search