Problems with MS Word converter (Word 2003)
Thread poster: krtko
krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 06:23
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2010

Hello,

Recently, my computer caught a virus, after which the whole disk got formatted. I have managed to recover all of the data on my disk, but I still have problems with Word documents.
Every time I try to open one of them, a message appears with a title ''Converter mswrd632'', saying that it has problems with encoding. I My documents are written in simplified Chinese, so I have tried all of the encodings for simplified and traditional Chinese, but no use.
If anyone
... See more
Hello,

Recently, my computer caught a virus, after which the whole disk got formatted. I have managed to recover all of the data on my disk, but I still have problems with Word documents.
Every time I try to open one of them, a message appears with a title ''Converter mswrd632'', saying that it has problems with encoding. I My documents are written in simplified Chinese, so I have tried all of the encodings for simplified and traditional Chinese, but no use.
If anyone knows how I could restore the original encoding I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Krtko
Collapse

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:23
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try OpenOffice.org Feb 8, 2010

OpenOffice.org quite often is good in restoring broken MS Word documents.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with MS Word converter (Word 2003)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »