Problems with MS Word converter (Word 2003)
Thread poster: krtko
krtko
China
Local time: 06:43
English to Croatian
+ ...
Feb 6, 2010

Hello,

Recently, my computer caught a virus, after which the whole disk got formatted. I have managed to recover all of the data on my disk, but I still have problems with Word documents.
Every time I try to open one of them, a message appears with a title ''Converter mswrd632'', saying that it has problems with encoding. I My documents are written in simplified Chinese, so I have tried all of the encodings for simplified and traditional Chinese, but no use.
If anyone knows how I could restore the original encoding I would be very grateful. Thank you very much.

Krtko

Direct link Reply with quote

esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:43
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
Try OpenOffice.org Feb 8, 2010

OpenOffice.org quite often is good in restoring broken MS Word documents.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with MS Word converter (Word 2003)

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search