Czech Republic
Local time: 02:02
English to Czech
+ ...
OT Jun 17, 2010

esperantisto wrote:

Stanislav Pokorny wrote:

Hi "esperantisto",
that was just an ellipse; don't take that too seriously.

I deem it not an eclipse but incorrect or false information, which is counterproductive for the asker that is seeking for solution of her problem. As for me, I don’t give a dime, because I know the score.

(Acually, this "ellipse" should have been a "hyperbole": sorry, never been good at geometry...)

Well, the message behind the words was: "be careful, the layout of documents created with OO may not be kept 100% in Word, which might be a potential problem for your clients." What is incorrect, false or counterproductive about that?

I thought a careful reader would understand. Sorry if this wasn't the case; I'll be more straightforward next time.

[Upraveno: 2010-06-17 18:03 GMT]

Gisela Greenlee
Gisela Greenlee  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:02
German to English
+ ...
Spell checker Jun 17, 2010

Hi Burrell,

I'm guessing you just installed it today and it's not working, right? I had the same issue when I installed the German spell checker, but the problem resolved itself once I rebooted the computer. Even though there was no mention of that on the Microsoft Site, it seems the system won't complete the installation until you have shut down and restarted your computer. Hope that resolves your issue!

[Edited at 2010-06-17 22:48 GMT]

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:02
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem solved Jun 18, 2010

And with the help of the absoultely fantastic Microsoft customer support.

It seems that the Latvian Language Pack 2007 at the moment is not compatible with Office 2010. I was the first customer to report this issue to the Microsoft UK office so they will see, if they can issue a patch. If not, the new Language Pack 2010 will be available later in the year.

In the meantime, Microsoft installed 2007 on my laptop and activated it for me. Once the patch or the new Language
... See more
And with the help of the absoultely fantastic Microsoft customer support.

It seems that the Latvian Language Pack 2007 at the moment is not compatible with Office 2010. I was the first customer to report this issue to the Microsoft UK office so they will see, if they can issue a patch. If not, the new Language Pack 2010 will be available later in the year.

In the meantime, Microsoft installed 2007 on my laptop and activated it for me. Once the patch or the new Language Pack 2010 is available, I will be able to upgrade back to Office 2010 absolutely free of charge.

I must admit, I was very impressed with the customer support. They tried helping me yesterday for 2 hours but due to my slow Internet connection while downloding Office 2007 they had to call me back today. And guess what - the quy called me back when he said he would! He connected to my laptop and did all the necessary changes to make sure 2007 was running smoothly. So from the first hand experience I can say - they are very helpful here in the UK.
Collapse

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell check not working in Office 2010

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »