Jakub Morawa  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 20:04
Member (2013)
English to Polish
+ ...
Sep 6, 2010

Hi,
Perhaps you could help me solve the issue.
I have a 64-Bit Windows 7 installed and am using the new Office 2010. The thing is the spell check feature is not working in any CAT tools. It simply feels like there was no Office suite installed at all!
Have any of you experienced similar issues? Any ideas how to solve this one?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Best regards,
JM

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
I'm afraid neither of these tools is compatible with Office 2010 Sep 6, 2010

Office 2010 was released after the tools you mentioned and thus will most certainly not be recognized by those.
Install a compatible version of Office such like Office 2007 to avoid the problem.

Jakub Morawa  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2013)
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Back to Office 2007 then... Sep 6, 2010

Thanks for the reply. Not much is left to do. Back to Office 2007 then. Well, perhaps we can only hope that Microsoft will somehow fix the issue, but I don't think it will be soon.
Well, life...

Thank you once more!

Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:04
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Does the spell-check work in Word? Sep 6, 2010

I bought a new laptop exactly on the day when Office 2010 was released and could not buy 2007 any more - the laptop came with Office 2010. I bought and installed the language pack, however the spell-check did not work even in Word, let alone Trados. I got in touch with Microsoft and they admitted that until they issue special language packs for Office 2010, there was not much I could do. They did downgrade me to 2007 though without any extra charge. Somehow I do not think I will be using my original licence any time soon.

Good luck,
Ines

Marlene Blanshay  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 14:04
Member (2009)
French to English
+ ...
same problem Sep 6, 2010

I'm using word and translated, and the spell check keeps telling me that the document has been checked. I've changed all the preferences, the language is set and it still doesn't work.
I have word 2007 windows vista...
it's driving me nuts!!!

Irene Koukia  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:04
Member (2008)
German to Greek
+ ...
Word 2010 in Greek Sep 7, 2010

Hi,
I bought it as well and realized afterwards that there is no spell-checker at all for Greek and they do not even know when the LIP will be released...
Anyhow, although it is useless in , SDLX, Tag Editor etc. the Greek spell checker still works on SDL Trados Suite 2009... although it is not installed on the PC...
Best regards,
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word's 2010 spell check not working in Trados, SDLX, MemoQ

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search