International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

How to indent bulletted text in Powerpoint 2007?
Thread poster: Armorel Young

Armorel Young  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:29
Member (2004)
German to English
Oct 21, 2010

I have a small but annoying problem with Powerpoint 2007. In the original, where there are bulletted lists (with each item in a list being more than one line long), the bullet points all stand on the left while all the text next to them is slightly indented. When I overtype in the course of translating, the text (after the first line of an item) goes right over to the left, so that it is directly below the bullet point rather than indented to the right of it. I seem to have explored all the paragraph formatting options (hanging paragraphs etc.) but can't find the setting that will indent all the text beside a bullet point. Can anyone tell me what I should be doing?

Direct link Reply with quote

ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:29
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Ruler Oct 21, 2010

Hi,

Try marking the text and using the ruler.
Hdh,
Irene

Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for the suggestion ... Oct 21, 2010

...but where do I find the ruler?

ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 13:29
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Just above the document Oct 21, 2010

If you don't see it, choose "View" and check the appropriate box (toolbars).
Hope it works now!

Member (2004)
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Brilliant Oct 21, 2010

Thanks, ibz - that works really well (and I would never have discovered it by myself!).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to indent bulletted text in Powerpoint 2007?

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search