https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/18404-help_with_word_frozen_bar.html

Help with word. frozen bar
Thread poster: karine Richardson
karine Richardson
karine Richardson
Local time: 15:11
English to French
+ ...
Feb 14, 2004

hi,

Could someone help me unlock my toolbar in Word. I am now stuck with an urgent work and every time I want to go to file and click on it there is a small rectangle that stops me from going any further. I cannot even close Word. Would it be an idea to restart the computer and hope that it will recover the document?

many thanks

karine Richardson

Anon (X)
Anon (X)
English to Chinese
+ ...
Help with word. frozen bar Feb 14, 2004

If you hold control&S, or click on the save icon, it should be able to save it, then shut computer down, restart again.

Desi_vdb
Desi_vdb
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
shortcuts Feb 14, 2004

Try to use the shortcuts of your keyboard:

safe: control-S (hold the control key pressed and then press the S key.

With the alt keys you can normally access your menu. Does this work? For example:
Alt-F opens up the file menu, and then you can go down using the arrow keys.

If you manage to safe restart word. Does it work now?

davidgreen
davidgreen
German to English
copy file to A:\ drive first Feb 14, 2004

if you haven't shut down the computer yet, go into file manager or windows explorer and try to copy the file into the a:\ drive. You're welcome to call me and I'll talk you through it. go to my profile for phone number (in England).

karine Richardson
karine Richardson
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thank you Feb 14, 2004

Thank you very much to all of you who came to my rescue. I somehow managed to restart word and everything miraculously came back as it was before. I will certainly keep those handy tips if anything like this happens again .

Once again many thanks your help was greatly apreciated.

karine

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with word. frozen bar

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »