Problems with MS Word after installing Office 2010 - help needed
Thread poster: garrett higgins

garrett higgins
Local time: 00:29
Italian to English
Jan 6, 2011

Office Version:Office 2010Operating System:Windows Vista

My previous version of Office was not "genuine" and Word started to lose functionality.

I bought Office Home and Student 2010.

I did custom install and kept old versions.

Still some problems with 'new' version of Word.

Deleted old office.

Still some problems with 'new' version of Word.

cant open more than one document. Word crashes when I try to close doc., etc.
word has improved a little since i installed 2010 but still blocks up when i close files (sometimes it mentions something about 'normal' and it always gets that horrible (not responding) message followed by word crashing and trying to restart and recover information.

as far as i know this all started because i did not have genuine software (the store 'tricked' me!).

thanks a million - i really need to solve this

thanks _ Garrett James

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:29
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to clean uninstall Office Jan 6, 2011

there are several articles about how to remove Office completly from your PC, the first I've found is here
or here for Office 2003

This way you will get a PC as would no Office been ever installed and can try to install the new version.

BTW, are you a student? If not, you may not use Home and Student for productivity work, as this is a non-commercial license and using this version for example for translation work is a breach of the license agreement.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with MS Word after installing Office 2010 - help needed

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search