Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 06:57
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Jan 22, 2011

A customer sent me an rtf-dokument and asked me to translate the names of the links to his website. In Word when I switch the code-view off, the names appear as blue text:

Frequently asked questions
Technical documents
Installation

But in Trados TE these names are not visible, and the only method to translate these names seems to remove the whole entry and put the translation in place, which will be black and does not function as a link, of course
... See more
A customer sent me an rtf-dokument and asked me to translate the names of the links to his website. In Word when I switch the code-view off, the names appear as blue text:

Frequently asked questions
Technical documents
Installation

But in Trados TE these names are not visible, and the only method to translate these names seems to remove the whole entry and put the translation in place, which will be black and does not function as a link, of course.

I searched the fora but could not find an explanation.

Thanks for help!
Heinrich
Collapse

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 05:57
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
process hyperlinks Jan 22, 2011

I can't remember how this works in Tag Editor, but in Studio 2009 you can customise whether you want to process hyperlinks in tools>options>rtf>other settings.

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Its a bilingual document Jan 22, 2011

Thanks Emma. I should have stated that I got a bilingual document. Someone had translated it either with Trados or Wordfast, probably in Word. Studio will not open this file, not even after clean-up.

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 05:57
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
edit hyperlinks Jan 22, 2011

When you right-click a hyperlink and select the "edit hyperlink" option in the local menu, the "hyperlink editing" dialog box appears, in which you edit(=translate) the "Text to display" top row.

HTH
Antonin

Heinrich Pesch
Finland
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Have to do it manually in Word Jan 22, 2011

I can change the text in Word as Antonín explained. Strangely I have to save and reload the file after every item, otherwise the edit-option does not show up (Word 2002).
Fortunately there were only about 10 entries to edit.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Links to internet adresses in rtf

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »