https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/195083-language_settings_for_word_for_mac_2011.html

Language settings for Word for Mac 2011
Thread poster: Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:59
Member (2008)
German to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 24, 2011

I am using Word for Mac 2011 in German. My copy contains the English language settings Australia/Canada/USA/UK. I have a customer sending me files with the language setting English Singapore, and I cannot work with them. My solution is to copy the file into Word for Windows (running with Parallels), work there or change the language setting there and go back to Mac, or I can set off the spell checker in Word for Mac.

I think there are many people using Word for Mac in Singapore. How
... See more
I am using Word for Mac 2011 in German. My copy contains the English language settings Australia/Canada/USA/UK. I have a customer sending me files with the language setting English Singapore, and I cannot work with them. My solution is to copy the file into Word for Windows (running with Parallels), work there or change the language setting there and go back to Mac, or I can set off the spell checker in Word for Mac.

I think there are many people using Word for Mac in Singapore. How can I get the language setting English Singapore?
Collapse

Jennifer Taylor
Jennifer Taylor  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:59
Czech to English
+ ...
Not good news Mar 24, 2011

It doesn't look possible. Have you tried the forums? I found this:

http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Word/12269

Seems that you'll have to stick with doing it through Parallels (or buy the Singapore version!).

Tarja Braun
Tarja Braun  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:59
Member (2008)
German to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Not possible, I'm afraid Mar 24, 2011

Yes, Jennifer, it doesn't look possible. I have been exploring many sites looking for a language pack English Singapore for Mac, but didn't find anything. I can post the question in the office for mac forum and continue working with my Windows version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Language settings for Word for Mac 2011

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »