Word count - footnotes
Thread poster: Kim Metzger

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:37
German to English
Mar 26, 2004

Is it true that when doing a regular word count in MS Word (I have Word 2002)the count will not include the footnotes? I always hit Ctrl+A but I think it's not giving me the count for the footnotes.
Help appreciated. Kim

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:37
English to German
+ ...
Depends on your settings... Mar 26, 2004

Hi Kim,
There's a check box in the popup window displaying the word/character count - depending on whether you activate it, Word will or won't include footnotes/end notes.

HTH, Ralf

Daphne Theodoraki  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 16:37
Member (2003)
Swedish to Greek
+ ...
True Mar 26, 2004

Kim Metzger wrote:

Is it true that when doing a regular word count in MS Word (I have Word 2002)the count will not include the footnotes? I always hit Ctrl+A but I think it's not giving me the count for the footnotes.
Help appreciated. Kim

Hi Kim,

The word count does not count footnotes by default. To include words in footnotes, you have to check the "include footnotes and endnotes" checkbox in the word count window. You may also like to try using Complete Word Count, a tool that you can download at www.shaunakelly.com/word/CompleteWordCount/

HTH,

Daphne

Kim Metzger  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 09:37
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, Ralf Mar 26, 2004

I just activated the bugger. And now I'll get paid for the whole job. Thank you.

And thank you Daphne!

[Edited at 2004-03-26 20:27]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Word count - footnotes

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search