Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 19:20
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 13, 2004

I had generated a Word-doc from pdf using pdf-converter. After removing all images and section breaks I find, that many paragraphs strech out beyond the page border to the right, even in normal view. I highlighted all text and tried to adjust the margin but it does not help. Is there a faster method than adjusting every single paragraph by clicking in the horizontal ruler.
I realise now, that I should have done the conversion using Finereader, but after spending much time with the doc and
... See more
I had generated a Word-doc from pdf using pdf-converter. After removing all images and section breaks I find, that many paragraphs strech out beyond the page border to the right, even in normal view. I highlighted all text and tried to adjust the margin but it does not help. Is there a faster method than adjusting every single paragraph by clicking in the horizontal ruler.
I realise now, that I should have done the conversion using Finereader, but after spending much time with the doc and after translating already a quarter of it (44 pages all) I don't want to start from scratch.
Is there a simple solution?
Collapse

Catherine Bolton
Catherine Bolton  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:20
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Try this Apr 13, 2004

Hi,
I have Word in Italian, so I'm not sure what the titles will be. Anyway, go to the far left side of the toolbar and click on "File". In the drop-down menu, go to a button called something like "page layout". In the box that opens, go to the tab that says "margins". Simply type in reasonable margins for the left and right sides of the page (for example, 2 cm). By default, it should say "apply to entire document", but if you have section breaks you might want to check. This option should
... See more
Hi,
I have Word in Italian, so I'm not sure what the titles will be. Anyway, go to the far left side of the toolbar and click on "File". In the drop-down menu, go to a button called something like "page layout". In the box that opens, go to the tab that says "margins". Simply type in reasonable margins for the left and right sides of the page (for example, 2 cm). By default, it should say "apply to entire document", but if you have section breaks you might want to check. This option should be on the lower right side. A sample page is shown with an example of what your selected margins will look like. Obviously, click "OK" to finish.
Hope this works!
Collapse

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:20
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
What I suspect... Apr 13, 2004

...is that your converted text may be enclosed in textboxes. Various converters often place text in textboxes. Could you please check if it is the case?

[Edited at 2004-04-13 10:36]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to adjust width of all text in Word 2002

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »