Barbara Trespidini  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 10:55
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2011

Hello everyone,
I have got a job to deliver but I can't see the summary in the source text ( .doc format) and therefore I can't translate it. Is there something wrong in my software? I really don't understand. It is probably a problem of compatibility (on the file I can read "compatibility modality). How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Barbara

Direct link Reply with quote

#JuliaC#  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:55
German to Italian
+ ...
Once I had the same problem Oct 20, 2011

and I converted the .doc in .pdf. In the .pdf the summary reappeared. I don't know why. Maybe it was luck..

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:55
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
What is this "summary" Oct 20, 2011

What you describe doesn't sound normal, but Microsoft Word is known to do all kinds of weird things. If you could tell us in a little more detail what this "summary" is, perhaps we could help you better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Summary disappears - Microsoft Word

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search