Summary disappears - Microsoft Word
Thread poster: Barbara Trespidini

Barbara Trespidini  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:47
English to Italian
+ ...
Oct 20, 2011

Hello everyone,
I have got a job to deliver but I can't see the summary in the source text ( .doc format) and therefore I can't translate it. Is there something wrong in my software? I really don't understand. It is probably a problem of compatibility (on the file I can read "compatibility modality). How can I solve this problem?

Thank you in advance,

Direct link Reply with quote

#JuliaC#  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:47
German to Italian
+ ...
Once I had the same problem Oct 20, 2011

and I converted the .doc in .pdf. In the .pdf the summary reappeared. I don't know why. Maybe it was luck..

Mikhail Kropotov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 08:47
Member (2005)
English to Russian
+ ...
What is this "summary" Oct 20, 2011

What you describe doesn't sound normal, but Microsoft Word is known to do all kinds of weird things. If you could tell us in a little more detail what this "summary" is, perhaps we could help you better.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Summary disappears - Microsoft Word

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search