Multilanguage packs for Office 2010?
Thread poster: Andrew Stucken

Andrew Stucken
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:42
German to English
Nov 8, 2011

I have bought the German language pack for Office 2010, but does anyone know if it is possible to obtain a multi-language pack containing many languages, a-la good old Prooing Tools for Word 2000?

MartinPorto  Identity Verified
Portugal
French to English
+ ...
Hi Nov 8, 2011

I investigated that very question myself only a few days ago. As far as I know, its now on a per language basis, which is OK, except that it costs more than before, and at least before you got the impression it was better value because there were a few languages per pack, I only want Portuguese, I suppose I will just have to PAY!

Andrew Stucken
United Kingdom
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Several proofing tools per pack... Nov 9, 2011

I got French and Italian Proofing Tools along with German. so I guess that was at least three-in one for UKP 20. Whether that is better value than the old multilanguage Proofing Tools disk depends on how many languages you want...

neilmac  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Yes Nov 9, 2011

MartinPorto wrote:

I investigated that very question myself only a few days ago. As far as I know, its now on a per language basis, which is OK, except that it costs more than before, and at least before you got the impression it was better value because there were a few languages per pack, I only want Portuguese, I suppose I will just have to PAY!

True. As long as you pay through the nose, the world of Microsoft is apparently your oyster.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multilanguage packs for Office 2010?

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search