Thread poster: Heike Behl, Ph.D.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:21
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
Dec 2, 2011

I am currently updating a couple of manuals that have originally been converted from PDF.

Sometimes, the automatic numbering in the footers is fine. More often than not, I have to create it. No problem. However, several times I have come across the situation that Word insists that there are two even-numbered pages in a row.

If I separate the section from the previous one, I should (theoretically) be able to add any starting page number for this section. However, whatever starting number I enter, Word always adjusts it to an even number.

The page before is C-28. I can have the next page be C-30 or C-124 or whatever even number, but not C-29 or C-123.

Does anyone have any ideas how to handle this issue? What causes it?

Thanks!
Heike

Direct link Reply with quote

Jabberwock  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 21:21
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Section breaks Dec 2, 2011

It is most probably caused by the type of the section break - here it is set as "Even page section break". Just insert a normal section break just before and remove the even page break.

Heike Behl, Ph.D.  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:21
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
:-) Dec 2, 2011

It wasn't the type of section break, just a missing break of any sort to really separate it from the last section break, which indeed was an even page break. I just never looked that far up.

Thanks!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows 2007: 2 even-numbered pages in a row

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search