Track changes word 2007
Thread poster: xxxshahid02
xxxshahid02
Local time: 12:14
Apr 6, 2012

Hi,

I am a new member in this forum. First time trying to track changes in word 2007, but dont understand why the changes made are shown differently when sent to an email address. The configured selections are identical with the recipient. The deleted line is shown without any strike through line, but the new added text is shown with a strike through line as if it was deleted.

The original word document with me is fine and shows deleted as strike through line and the newly added line as an underlined added text. What went wrong and where...I am in search. Please guide me if you know my mistake. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Shahid

Direct link Reply with quote

Philip Lees  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 09:14
Member (2008)
Greek to English
No mistake Apr 7, 2012

The original word document with me is fine and shows deleted as strike through line and the newly added line as an underlined added text. What went wrong and where...I am in search. Please guide me if you know my mistake. Thanks.

You didn't make a mistake. The way tracked changes are shown in a Word document depends on the preferences of the person who is reading it. So the person you sent the document to has different settings on his/her computer than you do on yours.

xxxshahid02
Local time: 12:14
TOPIC STARTER
document settings Apr 8, 2012

Phillip, thanks for your time and help. Is it possible to know what settings to keep by the email recipient for receiving the document as I had sent?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Track changes word 2007

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search