https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/22383-how_to_display_pdf_formatted_files_in_my_computer.html

How to display pdf formatted files in my computer?
Thread poster: PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA
PRAKASH SHARMA  Identity Verified
India
Local time: 09:56
English to Hindi
+ ...
Jun 25, 2004

Dear Prozians,
In my personal systems, I can't look at pdf formatted files as it normally opens in word format and says something like opening in some unique encoding or so. What'll I do in this circumstance? Shall, I have to download some program or collect a cd of a kind? Please give some suitable advices.
PRAKAASH
(Freelance Translator of the languages English, Hindi, Nepali a
... See more
Dear Prozians,
In my personal systems, I can't look at pdf formatted files as it normally opens in word format and says something like opening in some unique encoding or so. What'll I do in this circumstance? Shall, I have to download some program or collect a cd of a kind? Please give some suitable advices.
PRAKAASH
(Freelance Translator of the languages English, Hindi, Nepali and Sanskrit to four of the same)
[email protected]
+977 56 530738
I've myself got the solution by opening it in photoshop.
PRAKAASH

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2004-06-25 19:19]

[Edited at 2004-06-25 19:21]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 06:26
English to German
+ ...
Acrobat Reader Jun 25, 2004

Hi Prakaash,
Do you have Acrobat Reader installed on your PC?
If not, download it from Adobe - the reader is free.

HTH, Ralf

Andrzej Mierzejewski
Andrzej Mierzejewski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:26
Polish to English
+ ...
Adobe Reader 6.0... Jun 25, 2004

is Adobe's the latest (AFAIK) and still FREE product for viewing PDF files. Some people say it includes differences compared to Adobe Acrobat Reader, but I didn't notice anything special.
Enjoy!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to display pdf formatted files in my computer?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »