https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/225433-prevent_excel_2007_from_scrolling_when_adding_comments.html

Prevent Excel 2007 from scrolling when adding comments
Thread poster: Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 09:01
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 23, 2012

G'day everyone

I'm adding comments to an Excel file using Excel 2007, and every time I right-click a cell and add a comment, Excel scrolls the sheet to the right so that the cell I'm commenting on is no longer visible. Quite annoying -- this means I have to scroll to the left again every time I start writing a comment. Does anyone know how to stop Excel 2007 from doing that (i.e. not scroll to a different position in the sheet simply because I'm adding a comment to a cell)? There
... See more
G'day everyone

I'm adding comments to an Excel file using Excel 2007, and every time I right-click a cell and add a comment, Excel scrolls the sheet to the right so that the cell I'm commenting on is no longer visible. Quite annoying -- this means I have to scroll to the left again every time I start writing a comment. Does anyone know how to stop Excel 2007 from doing that (i.e. not scroll to a different position in the sheet simply because I'm adding a comment to a cell)? There is no reason for Excel to scroll here -- there is enough room on the screen for the comment box without scrolling the sheet.

Thanks
Samuel
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Prevent Excel 2007 from scrolling when adding comments

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »