Problems with OE
Thread poster: quincey

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:47
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 21, 2004

When I try to access my Inbox I get a long message that basically says that there have been errors follwed by the error code '0x800CCCOE'. I have tried all the steps as advised by my ISP, but it still doesn't work! Any help would be very much appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

davidgreen
German to English
google the entire number Jul 21, 2004

that's what I do. here's two good results for you:

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=820670

http://www2.dialmediagroup.com/tech.asp?sub=OutlookErrorCCC0DorCCC0E

Then if your question is still unanswered, post a question with all numbers and messages you're getting into one or two of the forums on a couple techie sites and someone will get back to you with step by step instructions (just like proz with language queries, the internet community really does work well sometimes!)

Vedis Bjørndal  Identity Verified
Norway
Local time: 07:47
Member (2003)
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Virus may be the cause of it Jul 21, 2004

quincey wrote:

When I try to access my Inbox I get a long message that basically says that there have been errors follwed by the error code '0x800CCCOE'. I have tried all the steps as advised by my ISP, but it still doesn't work! Any help would be very much appreciated.

I have had a terrible time getting the same type of error messages. After a long period of wanting to give up the whole thing, I finally met a sensible person at my ISP who suggested that I had virus problems. - And I had. A virus calles NETSKY had caused multiplication of my e-mails and other problems. I could not access Internet Explorer either.
My daughter intalled Norman Virus Control and a fire wall. This helped - it took care of a lot of the viruses. She also had to install Explorer (with Outlook Express) once more.
What else she did I am not sure of. But it works fine now!
Hope you get the problem sorted soon.

Vedis B.

quincey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:47
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jul 22, 2004

I think I must have a virus as well. Thanks for the help!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems with OE

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search