Blank spaces in Word are no longer blank
Thread poster: linadia
linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
Aug 12, 2004

Hello,

All my Word documents have changed. Blank spaces have symbols. One is a "cursor" symbol to indicate start of a new line, the other is a "point" symbol between all adjacent words.

Both symbols appear automatically.

How can I get rid of them?

Thanks
nadia

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 01:07
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
- Aug 12, 2004

Tools > Options > View > Formatting

You have most probably "Show all" checked - uncheck it (or choose whatever you want to be visible).

You must have changed the viewing options by occassionally clicking on an icon which looks like a paragraph mark (resembles the Greek letter "pi")

[Edited at 2004-08-12 23:23]

linadia
linadia
French to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It works, uncheck all formatting marks Aug 12, 2004

Natalie wrote:

Tools > Options > View > Formatting

You have most probably "Show all" checked - uncheck it (or choose whatever you want to be visible).

You must have changed the viewing options by occassionally clicking on an icon which looks like a paragraph mark (resembles the Greek letter "pi")

[Edited at 2004-08-12 23:23]

Hi Natalie,

Yes I clicked on tha icon several times, you're right.

It worked
tools > Options > View > uncheck all formatting marks

I tried that before, as I knew it must have been a problem of view, but it didn't work.

Thank you so much

Best regards
nadia

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Blank spaces in Word are no longer blank

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »