WinVNKey won't work in Word 2010
Thread poster: hieuthao

hieuthao
Vietnamese to English
Feb 18, 2013

I have just upgraded from Windows XP/Office 2007 to Windows 7/Office 2010. I am finding that I cannot get my Vietnamese typing software, WinVNKey, to work in Word 2010. It works when I type in my web browser, and it works when I type in Deja Vu, but when I try to type in Word it acts as though it is not turned on.

I really need WinVNKey because a) I use an idiosyncratic typing method that I developed 20 years ago on VPS Keys (which allows the user to configure their own keyboard) so I can't use UniKey or Windows keyboard or any software that requires me to follow a preset keyboard, as that will require me to learn a new typing style and I'd like to avoid that and b) I can't use VPS keys because for some reason it does not work in Deja Vu. WinVNKey has been a good solution in the past, because it both allows me to configure my own keyboard and works well in Deja vu. But now, alas, it does not work in Word 2010.

If anyone else has encountered a problem like this or has any suggestions, please let me know!

Thanks,

Rosemary Nguyen

Rolf Keller
Germany
Local time: 05:46
English to German
Current version? Feb 19, 2013

hieuthao wrote:

I have just upgraded from Windows XP/Office 2007 to Windows 7/Office 2010.

Did you upgrade your WinVNKey as well?
See http://winvnkey.sourceforge.net/

hieuthao
Vietnamese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Yes, I have the most recent version Feb 19, 2013

Unfortunately it hasn't been upgraded since Windows Vista. But there's no chatter online about it not working with Office 2010 - I even found one forum where a fellow mentions he was using it with Word 2010 before running into a totally unrelated problem - so I am wondering if there is a fix out there that I'm not aware of.

tubinhtran
Australia
WinVNKwey work in Word 2010 Nov 12, 2013

hieuthao wrote:

Unfortunately it hasn't been upgraded since Windows Vista. But there's no chatter online about it not working with Office 2010 - I even found one forum where a fellow mentions he was using it with Word 2010 before running into a totally unrelated problem - so I am wondering if there is a fix out there that I'm not aware of.

Now I am using WinVNkey in Word 2010. It work properly in Window7 or even Window8.
Could you please see more infomation at: http://www.chuviet.net/f1-forum
or http://chuvietnhanh.sf.net

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WinVNKey won't work in Word 2010

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search