Office 2007 and Office 2010 side by side on one computer?
Thread poster: Chunyi Chen

Chunyi Chen
United States
Local time: 21:29
English to Chinese
Mar 5, 2013

Hi! I have decided to install Office 2010 on my PC which has Office 2007. I wonder if by installing Office 2010 I will lose Office 2007. The reason I want to know is I use a language pack for 2007 and would need to buy a new language pack for 2010 if I can't keep 2007.

Thank you in advance for your information.

Chun-yi

trhanslator (X)
Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 on my system Mar 5, 2013

Hi,

I have Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 installed on my system (WinXP 32-bit). They can live together harmoniously.

Some things to pay attention to:

- When installing a higher version, be sure to clear the checkbox 'Remove older version'.

- You might want to modify your Registry (by adding a key) to prevent 2007 and 2010 re-registering themselves every time after you've switched versions:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-install-office-2010-and-keep-office-2007-side-by-side-together/

Hans

Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you for the information Mar 5, 2013

Hi Hans,

Thank you for the information. Now I know why I wasn't able to keep the previous versions of Office--I used the default installation settings. Now that I can have both Word 2007 and Word 2010, I don't need to buy the language pack for Office 2010:)
Outlook is no probem--I will not even install that email client.

Chun-yi

trhanslator wrote:

Hi,

I have Office 2003, 2007 and 2010 installed on my system (WinXP 32-bit). They can live together harmoniously.

Some things to pay attention to:

- When installing a higher version, be sure to clear the checkbox 'Remove older version'.

- You might want to modify your Registry (by adding a key) to prevent 2007 and 2010 re-registering themselves every time after you've switched versions:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-install-office-2010-and-keep-office-2007-side-by-side-together/

Hans

Chunyi Chen
United States
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
How to use or apply registry keys to prevent Word setup from running? Mar 7, 2013

Hi! I have successfully installed MS Office 2010 without removing Office 2007. However, every time I switch between Word 2010 and 2007, it would trigger the setup process which takes time.

I found I can prevent this by using the following registry keys:

reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0WordOptions /f /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0ExcelOptions /f /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0PowerPointOptions /f /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice14.0AccessOptions /f /v NoRepairNeeded /t REG_DWORD /d 1

reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0WordOptions /f /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0ExcelOptions /f /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0PowerPointOptions /f /v NoReReg /t REG_DWORD /d 1
reg add HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftOffice12.0AccessOptions /f /v NoRepairNeeded /t REG_DWORD /d 1

Does anyone know how to add these registry keys to Windows 7 registry? (I installed Office 2010, 32 bit version).

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise!

Chun-yi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2007 and Office 2010 side by side on one computer?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search