https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/26046-viewing_screenshots_correctly_in_word.html

viewing screenshots correctly in Word
Thread poster: Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)
Lia Fail (X)  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 26, 2004

Windows XP, Word 2000.

When I take a screen shot to copy into Word, the picture comes up just a box with a border and no image.

The same problem happens with any documents I open that have screen shots.

This did not use to happen, so I must have changed my settings somehow.

I have tried various combinations in Word-Tools-Options without success.

How can I view screenshots in Word?

TIA:-)

Harry Bornemann
Harry Bornemann  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 19:14
English to German
+ ...
in print preview Oct 26, 2004

Ailish Maher wrote:
...How can I view screenshots in Word?

This seems to be one of the mysteries of Word.
Currently I can see screenshots in all (4+1) views of Word, whereas on my old pc I couldn't.
Particularly in big files I could see them only in print preview - the white sheet symbol on the right of the printer symbol.

HTH,
Harry

MLeiria
MLeiria  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 02:14
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
View menu Oct 26, 2004

Hi Ailish,

Perhaps you changed the view option in the view menu.

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please make sure Oct 26, 2004

that you unchecked the option "Show placeholders instead of graphics" in Word - Tools - Options - View, section show(I have german Word, english names may differ slightly). In section "Page and Web layout options" make sure, that "Pictures" are checked. Then check in "Edit", if you have chosen Word as picture editor or perhaps other program, which is not present on your PC.

This should help

Regards
Jerzy

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Oct 26, 2004

Harry_B wrote:

Particularly in big files I could see them only in print preview - the white sheet symbol on the right of the printer symbol.

Thanks, Harry, that works!

Lia Fail (X)
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes!!!!!!!! Oct 26, 2004

Jerzy Czopik wrote:

that you unchecked the option "Show placeholders instead of graphics" in Word - Tools - Options - View, section show(I have german Word, english names may differ slightly). In section "Page and Web layout options" make sure, that "Pictures" are checked. Then check in "Edit", if you have chosen Word as picture editor or perhaps other program, which is not present on your PC.

This should help

Regards
Jerzy

Thanks (again) Jerzy, for solving a problem for me for the umpteenth time, that worked perfectly:-)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

viewing screenshots correctly in Word

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »