searching for the last news letter from proz.com
Thread poster: xxxBrandis
xxxBrandis
Local time: 20:41
English to German
+ ...
Nov 5, 2004

Hi all! I have unfortunately deleted this mail by mistake, but I just need the content pertinaing to outlook express backukp tool from microsoft. It is free. That news letter has a link there. I need that. If you have this tech.news letter and send me a copy of the same and could send me, I shall be most obliged.
Thank you in advance.
Brandis
p.S.: found the tool already, Thankyou

[Edited at 2004-11-05 12:51]

Direct link Reply with quote

Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Tool Kit newsletter Nov 5, 2004

You probably mean Jost Zetzsche's Tool Kit newsletter (more information at www.internationalwriters.com/toolkit):

Microsoft Outlook is probably the easiest tool as far as backup goes. This is because everything that you see in Outlook (emails, attachments, contacts, notes, etc.) is stored in a single personal folder file, by default outlook.pst. Once you figure out where this is located on your computer (just go to Start> Find> Files and Folders and search for outlook.pst), you can regularly burn that file on a CD or on another backup device (trust me, a floppy disk will not have enough room to hold that file).

Microsoft also offers a free little utility which, once installed, is available through the Archive command in the File menu. It allows you to either manually make a copy of your Outlook file or to schedule a regular automatic backup process:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010875321033.aspx

Outlook Express is similar to Outlook only in name. It uses a completely different method for storing mail information. Each folder in Outlook Express is stored in a separate .dbx file; the contact information is stored in a .wab file; and other file types that are used include .idx and .mbx files. Microsoft describes the backup procedures for Outlook Express (in a rather convoluted manner) at support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270670, but another possibility for creating backups is available through the well-liked little freeware programs Outlook Express Freebie Backup and Outlook Express Quick Backup at www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx.

[Edited at 2004-11-05 12:25]

xxxBrandis
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do you by the way know a tool similar to outlook Nov 6, 2004

but only for Firefox. I am infact looking for some kind of alternative, to get off from Outlook express. Lately it has been givning me a range of troubles somes runtime errors and getting out, hence I am probably not receiving all the important mails, statistically see I used to get around 200 mails a day. That would be great. I mean an email client that can catch multiple mailaddresses like the outlook express.
Regards,
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

searching for the last news letter from proz.com

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search