https://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/26366-searching_for_the_last_news_letter_from_prozcom.html

searching for the last news letter from proz.com
Thread poster: Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
Local time: 08:23
English to German
+ ...
Nov 5, 2004

Hi all! I have unfortunately deleted this mail by mistake, but I just need the content pertinaing to outlook express backukp tool from microsoft. It is free. That news letter has a link there. I need that. If you have this tech.news letter and send me a copy of the same and could send me, I shall be most obliged.
Thank you in advance.
Brandis
p.S.: found the tool already, Thankyou

[Edited at 2004-11-05 12:51]

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Member (2003)
English to Czech
+ ...
Tool Kit newsletter Nov 5, 2004

You probably mean Jost Zetzsche's Tool Kit newsletter (more information at www.internationalwriters.com/toolkit):

Microsoft Outlook is probably the easiest tool as far as backup goes. This is because everything that you see in Outlook (emails, attachments, contacts, notes, etc.) is stored in a single personal folder file, by default outlook.pst. Once you figure out where
... See more
You probably mean Jost Zetzsche's Tool Kit newsletter (more information at www.internationalwriters.com/toolkit):

Microsoft Outlook is probably the easiest tool as far as backup goes. This is because everything that you see in Outlook (emails, attachments, contacts, notes, etc.) is stored in a single personal folder file, by default outlook.pst. Once you figure out where this is located on your computer (just go to Start> Find> Files and Folders and search for outlook.pst), you can regularly burn that file on a CD or on another backup device (trust me, a floppy disk will not have enough room to hold that file).

Microsoft also offers a free little utility which, once installed, is available through the Archive command in the File menu. It allows you to either manually make a copy of your Outlook file or to schedule a regular automatic backup process:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010875321033.aspx

Outlook Express is similar to Outlook only in name. It uses a completely different method for storing mail information. Each folder in Outlook Express is stored in a separate .dbx file; the contact information is stored in a .wab file; and other file types that are used include .idx and .mbx files. Microsoft describes the backup procedures for Outlook Express (in a rather convoluted manner) at support.microsoft.com/?kbid=270670, but another possibility for creating backups is available through the well-liked little freeware programs Outlook Express Freebie Backup and Outlook Express Quick Backup at www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx.

[Edited at 2004-11-05 12:25]
Collapse

Brandis (X)
Brandis (X)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Do you by the way know a tool similar to outlook Nov 6, 2004

but only for Firefox. I am infact looking for some kind of alternative, to get off from Outlook express. Lately it has been givning me a range of troubles somes runtime errors and getting out, hence I am probably not receiving all the important mails, statistically see I used to get around 200 mails a day. That would be great. I mean an email client that can catch multiple mailaddresses like the outlook express.
Regards,
Brandis

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

searching for the last news letter from proz.com

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »