Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:53
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Nov 7, 2004

Hi all,

I was wondering how to create headers and footer for each page separately, instead of the whole document, or how apply this header or footer on a specifc number of pages.

Thanks in advance

Sabry

Direct link Reply with quote

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Section breaks Nov 7, 2004

If there are no section breaks in your document, the same header/footer will appear on each page of your document.

Even in this case, you can set separate h/f for your even and odd pages (to do this, select File - Page Settings - Layout - check "Different odd and even pages").
You can also set a different h/f for the first page of your doc: same sequence as before, but check "different first page".

If you want really separate h/f within your doc, you have insert section breaks at appropriate positions. (Insert - Break - Section break - usually "New page").

Then go into h/f view (View - Header/Footer) and press the little toggle button on the h/f toolbar that says "same as previous". This should be set OFF.

I hope this helps.

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:53
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Problem with section breaks Nov 7, 2004

I thought section breaks were the answer, and tried to do it this way in accordance with the Help instructions, but these include using the "Same as Previous" icon, which I find is indicated but greyed out and unusable.

Csaba Ban  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
section breaks Nov 7, 2004

I used this technique I described above numeruous times. Probably the "same as previous" icon is only enabled when there are actual sections (hence, section breaks) in the document.

Hope to see you in Oxford!
Csaba

Sabry Hameed  Identity Verified
Egypt
Member (2004)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for your help Nov 8, 2004

It works

Thanks

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Headers and footers in Word 2000

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search