PowerPoint: some of the slides appear as empty
Thread poster: Eva Blanar

Eva Blanar  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 04:58
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Nov 24, 2004

In a PowerPoint presentation, some of the slides appear to be empty, but the client maintains there is text. We have the same software (XP), there are no bans in my settings, nothing appears in the slide show or a print preview either - could you give me some advice about it?

TIA, Eva

One more thing: when I say the slide is "empty" on my computer, I mean the inscription "click here to insert a title" or something like that appears - empty-empty... brand new slide.

[Edited at 2004-11-24 14:28]

Direct link Reply with quote

Ellemiek Drucker  Identity Verified
Local time: 03:58
English to Dutch
+ ...
Change the display colour Nov 24, 2004

Dear Eva,

Perhaps it would help if you changed the display colour. If you work with Trados (and T-windows for PowerPoint) there should be four buttons next to the words Display colour (next to where it says slide 1 of 3 for example). You can find this below where you would type your translation. If you change this from white into black for example, you might find that the text magically appears.

Goodluck
Ellemiek

Edwal Rospigliosi  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 04:58
Member (2004)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Send him it back Nov 24, 2004

Send him back the file as you have it. Perhaps he sent you an uncompleted, older version and he's not aware of it. If the "Insert..." appears, there is no text there and that's all.

Regards

Edwal

Syeda Tanbira Zaman
Local time: 09:28
English to Assamese
+ ...
Return Nov 25, 2004

Eva Blanar wrote:

In a PowerPoint presentation, some of the slides appear to be empty, but the client maintains there is text. We have the same software (XP), there are no bans in my settings, nothing appears in the slide show or a print preview either - could you give me some advice about it?

TIA, Eva

One more thing: when I say the slide is "empty" on my computer, I mean the inscription "click here to insert a title" or something like that appears - empty-empty... brand new slide.

[Edited at 2004-11-24 14:28]

I have been dealing with PP slides for quite some time. Have no doubt,the slides are empty. Simply send it back to him. Also please ask him to check the version.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PowerPoint: some of the slides appear as empty

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search