Advice on BroadVision QuickSilver
Thread poster: Christine Kee
Christine Kee
Christine Kee
Local time: 10:24
English to Chinese
Nov 26, 2004

Does anyone know the application of QuickSilver?

I would like to know more about QuickSilver. If anyone uses, or has tried to use, translation memory software such as Transit, Deja Vu or Translation Manager to help translate the contents of Broadvision Quicksilver (formerly Interleaf) files, I be grateful to hear your experiences.

Natalie
Natalie  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:24
Member (2002)
English to Russian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
Moving the topic Nov 26, 2004

to the Office Applications forum

Ben Hickman
Ben Hickman  Identity Verified
Sweden
Dutch to English
Interleaf Nov 27, 2004

Hello Christine,

I have extensive experience translating Interleaf 6 and QuickSilver (Interleaf 7) files using Trados 5 through Trados 6.5 in all the European languages (including East-European). Do you have specific questions that I can help you with?

Christine Kee
Christine Kee
Local time: 10:24
English to Chinese
TOPIC STARTER
work-flow for handling quicksilver with Trados 6.5 freelance Mar 14, 2005

Hello Ben,

It has been a while I haven't gone to this site. I am still wondering how one can handle translation project for quicksilver with trados 6.5 freelance. I would like to know the work-flow of handling such project.

Best Regards,
Christine

MarcosJanariz
MarcosJanariz  Identity Verified
Spain
German to Spanish
+ ...
Interleaf 7 Aug 12, 2008

Dear Ben Hickmann,

I have been looking for some time to get through the internet an original copy of Interleaf 7. Unfortunately, I was not succesful. Actually, I have Interleaf 6.2, but I did not update to Interleaf 7 and so now, even though I have no more translation orders in Interleaf, I might have one day.

I wonder whether you would be interested in selling your original copy.
Also, could you tell me whether it operates well under Windows XP Pro environment.... See more
Dear Ben Hickmann,

I have been looking for some time to get through the internet an original copy of Interleaf 7. Unfortunately, I was not succesful. Actually, I have Interleaf 6.2, but I did not update to Interleaf 7 and so now, even though I have no more translation orders in Interleaf, I might have one day.

I wonder whether you would be interested in selling your original copy.
Also, could you tell me whether it operates well under Windows XP Pro environment.

Also, whether documents created with Interleaf 7 can be read and edited with Quicksilver.

Thank you for any comments in advance.

Best regards,

J.M.Janariz
Collapse

Petr Lexa
Petr Lexa
English to Czech
+ ...
BroadVision QuickSilver 3.5 Jun 22, 2011

I regularly work in this DTP software. I am a Czech technical translator (ENG-CZ, GER-CZ).
I am willing to co-operate with other translators. BroadVision QuickSilver 3.5 supports all European languages. DTP can be done by me, translation by you. See please my website: http://broadvision-quicksilver.webnode.cz/. We can partner together and provide high-quality service to clients that have
... See more
I regularly work in this DTP software. I am a Czech technical translator (ENG-CZ, GER-CZ).
I am willing to co-operate with other translators. BroadVision QuickSilver 3.5 supports all European languages. DTP can be done by me, translation by you. See please my website: http://broadvision-quicksilver.webnode.cz/. We can partner together and provide high-quality service to clients that have their documentation in QuickSilver. I usually work in Trados 2009.
Feel free to ask. Looking forward to prospective co-operation.
Collapse

Petr Lexa
Petr Lexa
English to Czech
+ ...
BroadVision QuickSilver 3.5 (Interleaf) Sep 12, 2011

I tested some files from previous version of this software. Version 3.5 seems to be backward compatible, so I can work on files from previous versions too.

Erdbeersahne
Erdbeersahne
German to English
Quicksilver 3.5: wrong trados analysis results Jan 24, 2012

LexaPetr wrote:

I am willing to co-operate with other translators. BroadVision QuickSilver 3.5 supports all European languages. DTP can be done by me, translation by you. See please my website: http://broadvision-quicksilver.webnode.cz/. We can partner together and provide high-quality service to clients that have their documentation in QuickSilver. I usually work in Trados 2009.
Feel free to ask. Looking forward to prospective co-operation.

Dear Petr,

Seems like you have quite some experience in handling Quicksilver files! We have recently introduced Quicksilver 3.5 in our company and are now having problems getting correct analysis results from Trados 2007, although we installed the S-Tagger update provided by the Trados knowledge base. Do you have any idea how we can solve this problem??? We would be most grateful for any help!
Best regards,
Sonja

Petr Lexa
Petr Lexa
English to Czech
+ ...
BroadVision QuickSilver 3.5 (Interleaf) Feb 11, 2012

Sorry Sonja,

for my late response. I did not notice your question before. You can use my e-mail that is on my site below.

I do not know whether I correctly understand what you mean. Are you able to convert ILDOC files to TTX files? Why do you think that analysis is wrong in Trados? I recently spoke to the company that sells Trados licenses here in the Czech republic and they told me one interesting issue: Trados Studio 2009 and Trados Studio 2011 both count numbers as
... See more
Sorry Sonja,

for my late response. I did not notice your question before. You can use my e-mail that is on my site below.

I do not know whether I correctly understand what you mean. Are you able to convert ILDOC files to TTX files? Why do you think that analysis is wrong in Trados? I recently spoke to the company that sells Trados licenses here in the Czech republic and they told me one interesting issue: Trados Studio 2009 and Trados Studio 2011 both count numbers as words, while Trados 2007 does not. Could the "wrong" analysis be caused by the difference between the counting methods?
Feel free to contact me. Best Regards. Petr
Collapse

Erdbeersahne
Erdbeersahne
German to English
Wrong Trados analysis results Mar 30, 2012

Hi Petr,

Sorry for MY late response! In the meantime we solved the problem. We just didn't think of converting our quicksilver files to ttx before making an analysis. Formerly, we were able to analyze rtf documents, after the upgrade to quicksilver 3.5 we aren't anymore! But with ttx documents analysis results are ok!

Anyway, this thing about numbers being counted as words is interesting!

Have a good weekend!

Sonja

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advice on BroadVision QuickSilver

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »