Office 2010 PowerPoint: error 1935
Thread poster: Phil Hand

Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 14:55
Chinese to English
Jul 16, 2014

Has anyone had this problem? All of a sudden when I try to open a chart in PowerPoint, it tells me I need to install some new feature. It goes into a very long, very slow installation process, which fails at the end with an error 1935.

Searching around I saw the suggestion that it could be the .Net framework, so I reset mine. Didn't work. Also tried to free up some disk space. Didn't work.

Anyone seen this before or have any idea what it is? Was there an update this month? I only use this feature about once a month for a regular client, so this is something that's happened since mid-June.

Direct link Reply with quote

Tomas Mosler, DipTrans IoLET MCIL MITI  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 07:55
Member (2008)
English to Czech
steps Jul 16, 2014

Have you tried all of the steps described here?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926804

By the way, it might be better to be prompted to confirm any updates to the OS to see what components are being updated, instead of automatic updates.

You can see the list of updates via Windows Update (if you are using Windows). There is a link to past updates in the left menu.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Office 2010 PowerPoint: error 1935

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search